This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam baiting: Like I have time for this horseshit

In short, I have decided to fuck with a nigerian scammer a little bit. Just because I am that way.

I can't help myself. I even opened a bogus gmail account. I have a mental illness I am pretty sure. I love to screw with people like this. It is a sickness.

Anyways, if anything comes of it, I'll let you know.

I mentioned in another post that it's like the floodgates have opened into my junk mail folder with the Nigerian scams. And with the sudden deluge, the temptation is just too great and I am way too weak and far too bored to resist anymore.

I started to string along one scammer a few months ago... I had to stop when the boss found out I was responding to the guy on company time.

I do love reading posts from the websites that are dedicated to wasting the scammer's time. Not safe for work, but definately fun.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I wish I could watch!

Have fun and fill in the deets as you can.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

If anything comes of it, you WILL be able to watch. I'll keep you all in the loop.

Comment

I''ve thought about doing that in the past but when it came down to it, i couldnt be bothered carrying it on.

However, the child in me loves visiting my junkmail box every so often & responding to phishing mails by clicking on the links & filling in all the fake bank website logins with naughty words or "messages" to the scammers
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Oh dear, I did this once, and I tried with a few recently, including the USPS ones that came through as UPS ones, and I don't know, weren't sent to my e-mail addy (I guess I was BCC'd) and how do you SEND something via USPS when you don't live in the US? They were smart enough to have set up no-return e-mails.

But the Nigerian, he didn't like the fact that I had no form of "acceptable" ID, such as I didn't have a passport (never traveled), didn't have a drivers license (used public transport), and I can't remember what else they said I could use, but I could explain not having any (even though I did have at least one ID he wanted at the time). Can't remember why we stopped communicating though, I'm pretty sure he still pushed for something.

Have fun
            Began work Aug as casual '08
            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

I need to go to bed, and I can't stop sending out my trolling messages.

I set up a gmail account for one of the characters in my story blog and that is the persona I am using to send this crap out.

I have pretty serious up to the last one I did, where I admitted (as the character) that I keep my money stuffed into a mattress and wasn't sure what to do from that point on.

I also detailed some preferred sexual practices.

That probably won't get answered, but it was fun to write.

Comment

One of the best baiters I saw used a Lovecraftian theme (Call of Chthulhu type stuff) as a background and then went to radio silence for a month. After that, he emailed the scammer as a policeman investigating a missing person, and the scammer was the last person known to have contact based on the emails.

You could read the panic in the writing as the scammer responded saying they'd had no contact and it was all fraudulent and would call the police at their end if contacted further...

Rapscallion

Comment

I got one back this morning from a poor young woman who who's father died and left her all this money, and he wicked uncle (her words not mine) is after her and the money.

"She" sent a picture, even. I don't suppose it counts as a trophy if it's just a girl sitting on a sofa. (she thinks I am a kindhearted man, by the way). That right there is the real scam) Already I am supposed to be thinking about going out to Ghana to meet her. Wow.

Anyways, her dead father had instructed her to "find a trustworthy foreigner" to help her. At this point, I'm taking the tact that I am trying to save her from the perils of talking to strange men on the internet.

I love Dip's crazy friend, that is hilarious.

Raps, I might pull that at some point, that is freaking awesome.

Comment

RK, I'm so looking forward to following your Nigerian adventures!

(Would it creep you out if I said I think I want to be you when I have to grow up?)

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Raps, I might pull that at some point, that is freaking awesome.
                      I think it was on http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/ though I can't find it right now.

http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/picard_usoro.html is worth a giggle.

NSFW http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/mandy_bra.html for pictures of a scammer in women's underwear.

NSFW http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/smith-okoro.html - the pics are worth a giggle. Well, more a guffaw.

Rapscallion

Comment

All I'm gonna say is be careful. Some of the scammers get pretty aggressive and violent.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          One of the best baiters I saw used a Lovecraftian theme (Call of Chthulhu type stuff) as a background and then went to radio silence for a month. After that, he emailed the scammer as a policeman investigating a missing person, and the scammer was the last person known to have contact based on the emails.

You could read the panic in the writing as the scammer responded saying they'd had no contact and it was all fraudulent and would call the police at their end if contacted further...

Rapscallion

I bow before this person in awe and admiration!
                          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I've found a link to it, but it's on a Geocities site, so unfortunately it's dead. Couldn't find a mirror just now. Search terms include Randolph and 419 etc - you'll find plenty of links to it, but no actual site. If anyone could find a copy of it, I'd love to see it again.

Rapscallion

Comment

I liked the one that got the scammer to send him some gold to have tested. I believe the scammer said he had gold he needed to get out of the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X