X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy!!!!!!

Pic of my Adult Trike but mine is turquoise in color

Hubs bought me this bike last week and we just picked it up today! I'm just soooo excited!

It's a 3-speed and awesome!

Since it's been raining off and on (and I'm the "healthiest" of the 3 of us who are all in various stages of sickness), I can't ride it around my block until it gets better weather-wise.

I can't wait until the weather gets better!

I'm so jealous! We have something similar at work (not as fancy, no different speeds or anything) for night shift and I always wanted to ride it around. I hope the weather clears up soon!

Comment

I've been seeing those around, and thinking that they looked nice. And a GREAT way to carry stuff. Do you have a way to attach Child Rum's bike to the back? Like the trail-a-bikes, but the ones where you can just attach a regular child's bike to the adult bike.

Like this: http://www.trail-gator.com/accessories.htm
      Last edited by Magpie; 04-24-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

That looks like that would be fun to ride on . . . and you have that small basket on the back that would come in handy if you needed to make a grocery run for a few items.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I was thinking the basket would come in handy for a small cooler and some rums.

I mean ... a nice picnic basket! Yes!

Comment

They use those at work to get around the warehouse. (Though my department has no real reason to use them; we don't go out there that often.) My old department has one, though, so I used to use it sometimes - you can get a nice breeze goin' on those things.

Most of the ones in the warehouse have the baskets on the back, but some of the ones for the maintenance department have a larger platform. There's also a few golf carts, mostly use by maintenance and important people.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post

Mobile Liquor cooler ftw!!! Grats on the new toy!!!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

OMG!! SQUEE!

I love it! I wantz a ride. Come pick me up. Ill hold the rum in my lap while my ass is in the basket.

Comment

yay trike! you'd better wear a helmet! safety first, after all. ^_^
                  If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                  ^_^

Comment

ooh nice
                    I would love one of those, i always used to fall off regular bikes
                    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Yes, I have a bike helmet! It's a spiffy silvery/grey color.

I'm so disappointed that it's raining. I want to go out and ride my trike.

I always fell off a 2-wheeled bike. I have no clue why. I think it's balance issues as I even have problems on an exercise bike.

Though to be honest, when I tried it out in the parking lot in front of the bike store, I had a panic attack. I just kept remembering falling off a 2-wheeler, that I was really nervous about riding this one.

Comment

Oh that looks cool. I hope you get to play with your new toy soon.
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post

I think the term "portable bar" sounds pretty appropriate here.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I want one!!!

*dying of jealousy*
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Today was first day I rode it

I have muscles on the tops of my thighs. I did't know that!

I'm exhausted!

I did a little circle. I can't use the little walking path that is on the side of the road so people don't walk in the road as the walking path has rocks and it's cracked in a lot of the places - making it difficult to pedal over. (At least it was for me).

I'm exhausted. And it's a good thing I brought my inhaler as I had to stop and take 2 puffs on it.

I also figured out that the sidewalk in front of my house from one way is all up hill, from the other way, it's all down hill. (I went down hill on the sidewalk in front of my house). I did realize I can keep a hand on my hand brake as if I didn't I'd be careening out of control. Fortunately I didn't go careening.

I had to take to asprin when I came home.

Otherwise I'm actually little excited and entergetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X