This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Other Side Part II!!

So...my adventures as a patient are hopefully nearing the end.

As some of you know, I was having some heart issues. Fast heart rate and palpitations and etc.

The holter monitor I had showed I was having preventricular contractions. A fancy way of saying an extra heart beat. Its actually not that rare and usually not lifethreatening, but it at least explains the palps I feel every once in a while.

The stress test and Echocardiogram I had were negative. So, we were in WTF land about my fast heart rate....until this morning.

I woke up in EXCRUCIATING pain..having my kids was nothing on this. I dealt with it for a few hours, but finally called the doc. Got into see him and in all his knowledge of all the stuff i was telling him, finally came up with a diagnosis that makes sense.

I have Pleurisy! Yay! Its nothing to cheer about but at least its not my heart. A symptom of it is unprovoked fast heart beat, which was the first symptom I had. Basically the lining of my lungs are inflamed. Im on some heavy duty antibiotics and some prescription NSAIDS for the inflammation.

Im glad its figured out and hopefully I can start to recover and be pain free!

I had to call off of work tonight, but at least im home with my family.

Well there's a malady you don't hear of too often. Glad you got an explanation and are on the mend
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Even though illness isn't a good thing, it's a good feeling to be able to put a name to it. Glad there's treatment for you.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Youre telling me, BSE. I felt like I had just stepped into the middle ages when they told me that. Lol. And Thanks FL.

Im feeling better today. It almost doesnt hurt to breathe.

Comment

Considering the alternatives, it is something to cheer about! YAY!
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Amina, how weird is it that this just happened to you and I had to take my friend to the ER this morning for the same symptoms? (She's fine. She has asthma and they tested for a blood clot, since she had pain as well as breathing difficulty but there was no clot.)
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wow, I'm glad they finally found out what it was! Glad that you can get better now.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
              X