This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car radio fires!! WHEEEE

So I am driving down my hated I-95, listening to my iPod, when all of a sudden the tape snaps (yup, still have a tape deck and use an adapter ) and smokes starts pouring out the radio!!

I pull over, pop outta the car, and call 911 (I panicked) By the time I had hung yup with the very nice dispatcher, the smoked stopped.

Cop came by, looked at my car, looked at me, laughed, and said," I thought there was a fire!!"

Me-" there was, sorta, my radio caught fire."

He looks at my car, sniffs inside, and says, "Yeah, there was something on fire....whats THAT??" I look, he says, "Just kidding."

I get home safe, walk for cool my nerves, and was able to meet my friend for dinner later on. But my radio is now dead and I am very very nervous driving....and jolly gee, I get to have my 2 hr (round trip) commute tomorrow.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE cars. Just give me a pack and a trail
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

That really sucks. If my car stereo ever blew up like that, I'd be really bummed. Check your PMs.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Hey you met the same officer who responded to an alarm I set off. Nice to know he travels away from the 84 area to I-95.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

It was so quiet on the way home But the can ran.
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
        X