This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter to those who doubt me

I am NOT going to change to conform to society! I will NOT bow down to your gender discrimination. I don't CARE that it'll help me keep my job! It's WRONG!

And I have support, from a very unexpected source. Remember my post about carding EVERYONE for cigarettes? The guy that yelled at me after I'd carded him for the 50th time? Yeah, him. He told the other guy, and they're both on my side about this.

This job is wearing down all the mental walls keeping me from going full on psychopath... I actually saw a mental flash of me beating both my sister in law and my mom...

As if that wasn't enough, I got called a 'fucking traitor', because I got fed up with the drama and bullshit going on in WoW... So, anarchy, fun.
    "I call murder on that!"

Amen sister, Amen.
    I get that here too, I will not act "straighter" for the sake of making my uptight neighbors feel more comfortable. Don't like that I have a rainbow flag in my window, don't fucking look in my window. Don't like that I have a gay geeks are sexy clock on my living room wall, get the fuck out of my living room or stop looking at the clock. Don't like my shirtless male calendar in my bedroom... then why the fuck are you in my bedroom. Don't like my bumperstickers, start watching the road and stop watching my bumper asshole.

*deep breathes*

OK, I'm good now
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

As if that wasn't enough, I got called a 'fucking traitor', because I got fed up with the drama and bullshit going on in WoW... So, anarchy, fun.
      Wait seriously? You too?! Oh dear. I think I know what you're talking about.

(We play on the same WoW server. I'm in charge of content creation. Juwl is in charge of being awesome. Without Juwl, nothing seems as awesome. :-/ )
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        What in the world is it about that game that turns otherwise normal people into... I don't even have a word to describe it. I've known guys who have almost withdrawn from society because of that game. There was a few guys who used to be regulars at the gaming club who just vanished, and the only reason we knew they were even alive was because someone was talking to them while playing WoW.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

It's because people have to schedule 5 to 10 to 25 (Even 40!!!) to meet up at the same time in the same place on the same server and be there for anywhere between one to five or so hours with hopefully no bathroom breaks to go on raids for better stuff so they can do it all over again in another place, if not in the same place twenty dozen times more.

I don't believe that this is happening on retail though, this particular incident. It's off on the sidelines on a more private, more intimate environment. It's just a private feud between one or two people that draws people into it and doesn't let them leave.

It's why I don't care about guilds. It's like that dumb color war in grade school summer camp.
          SC: "Are you new or something?"
          Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

WHAT?! Did I miss something? Who called you a traitor? POINT THEM OUT AND PASS MY TONFAS!

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            stop watching my bumper
            *Watches his bumper*

Yeeeee-up, looks like a bumper to me.

I had a friend that lived in Nashville, going to college up there, who was a trans-woman. I haven't seen her in a while but last time we talked she told me the stress of trying to keep herself as Herself was making her think about reverting back to Himself and just staying miserable.

She was HOT, too. I LIKE my fellow redheads. Whether your a trans-gender like Her, a non-gender like me, or original-gender, NO ONE should be getting shit for it.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
              Juwl is in charge of being awesome. Without Juwl, nothing seems as awesome. :-/ )
              /flex
              I'd imagine you are most likely correct about who I'm angry at.
              I'm still on the server, just not in that particular clique any longer. And that's probably why he's angry. Not that I care about being an outcast, nor about being shunned for a while.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Feh. I avoid game-drama like the plague it is.

Luckily, I've been really good at finding casual friendly guilds that don't really put up with politics and drama.

The funny part is that the WoW group I hang with has two core guilds; one is casual, the other is the raiding group. The casual side recently passed the raiding side for advancement due to the casual side having more people on at any given time.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't understand why people can't except people for who they are and love them anyway. Bah

*hugs Juwl*

and that drama is why I am not sad I am not raiding anymore. TOO MUCH DRAMA. And it is bad when the group makes drinking games on how many times a person dies, and people were getting blurry eyed drunk, that was the 1st group.

Second group just fell apart. Again too much drama. Plus I hated how our lives (both hubby and I raided together) had to force our lives and meals around the raid. Much happier now.

I love the guild I am in now, very little drama, it is more of a family.
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

That's why I quit WoW. Too many drama queens. I always had a hard time finding a laid back guild who didn't drag me on raids despite my objections. I PvP, I don't do raids. Despite all that though...I'm actually considering going back to Wow in the next week or two. However, I only want to be in guilds with people I know rather well. Or maybe if the CS guild still exists.

Actually...does the CS guild still exist? If so what server is it on? I am quite interested in joining if it's a laid back guild.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post

I don't believe that this is happening on retail though, this particular incident. It's off on the sidelines on a more private, more intimate environment. It's just a private feud between one or two people that draws people into it and doesn't let them leave.
                      Seph and Draeon, still?
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                        Seph and Draeon, still?
                        ... yes... though it may end up becoming Seph and Juwl... Oh well...
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I haven't played WoW for close to 2 years. the minute it started to become like a job (that I don't get paid to do, I might add) was the minute I reconsidered my time. Plus it didn't help that I wasn't going out on raids often enough and when I'd ask to go out with people they were too busy doing other things. Geeze, if I want to play a game alone I can do that on my ocmputer without paying the 10 bucks a month (or whatever it is these days).

Comment

Working...
                          X