This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Fuzzy Dude, leave me alone.

I walk outside to get some ice for my tea and what attacks my shins with full-body rubs?

A cat. A little cat. A little dark gray scrawny as hell with great big yellow eyes cat.

RW: Little dude, you are not a dog.
    Cat: Mao.
    RW: ...Mao? As in....Mao?
    Cat: Mao. *Full-body rub*

Pat the cat, step over the cat, trip over the little idiot because he just has to be underfoot, get my ice and go back inside, closing the screendoor behind me. STAAAAAAAARE at the cat.

RW: I am not letting you in, THEY *Points at Mom and Dad* would EAT ME.
    Cat: Mao?
    RW: No.
    Mom: He's not coming in, he has worms.
    RW: (thinking: 'the frack can you tell?)
    Mom: No, you can't come in. Shoo.
    RW: He's awfully skinny and little. I thought the cats around here didn't like people.
    Mom: He was probably dropped off like the others.
    Mom: NO.

All this happened about an hour or so ago. He's taken up residence next to the steps. I am not taking care of a cat, I don't like cats. I asked Santa for a large-breed dog for Christmas. Not a rinky-dinky-Mao-Cat.

Had to tell someone and no one on my friend-list is on right now.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Awwwww! At least give it some food and water!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I don't have food to give it (don't really have much to feed ourselves right now), but I did fill the a pan with water.

Comment

(Had to post at least 11 thingys)
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Well, Dad chased it off (Bye, Mao, see ya tomorrow). I asked Mom how she knew the cat had worms. She said it was because the cat was so skinny. I figure she'd know (I didn't ask her the difference between kitty-with-worms and skinny-from-starvation). We took in a lot of animals before we started RVing full-time.

Might see him again tomorrow. If I do I'll see about getting a picture. I know we got some trainers and maybe a vet assistant or two, maybe someone can tell me how to tell the difference.

Comment

I'd say if he is really skinny and he comes back you might want to think about taking him to your local No Kill shelter. They can take care of him and he sounds like a real sweetie, I'm sure he would get adopted no problem.
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

I know where the city pound is (the city moved the Vendor's Permit office to same building recently), but for the life of me I can't seem to locate the other shelters in the area.

I have noticed something interesting about the dogs in the Pound and at the Flea Market;
              Everyone down-plays the size when I ask how big a particular pup is going to be. Then they look oddly shocked when I tell them I'm looking for something quite a bit bigger than 45 pounds (like....say....90. Or more. And tall. Because my balance sucks and I'm wanting to train the pup for medical purposes).

Comment

Sounds to me that it's more likely the kitty is skinny from going hungry than from worms. Though, if he's been out on his own for a significant amount of time he might have picked some up. But the poor baby is obviously very socialized, so it's more likely he's starving.

Try googling no kill shelters for your area, or look in a phone book. If both of those fail, call the city pound and ask THEM about no kill shelters in the area, I'd guess they probably know of at least one.

Whatever else you do tho, please don't just ignore the little cat. He's asking for help the only way he knows how.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I didn't have to. Turned out one of the Winter Texans took the little cat in. Lady from Kansas told my Dad this morning.

Comment

Yay kitty dude has a home, she should be able to tell once the little dude is fed. If he doesn't fatten up something is wrong.
                    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

For some reason "Mao" struct me as being so funny.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        The red book and Mao suit made it non-maolicious.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Me, too, but the title is funnier. "little fuzzy dude" hee!
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well, it's what he said!

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Me, too, but the title is funnier. "little fuzzy dude" hee!
                            Huge Sculptor-Fan when I saw him on Jak&Daxter.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              Well, it's what he said! Huge Sculptor-Fan when I saw him on Jak&Daxter.
                              Sweetie, I'm probably too old to know what that is.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X