This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv is under attack from the godless tornados

So says the Weather Channel, but it looks like it will be north of me. Sky is damn dark off to the north though.

Good thing I decided to cut my walk off when I did.

Oh, and cookies to whomever gets the reference in the title.

ETA: Now they're saying it's right to the west of me and moving this way. Going to find someplace safe.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 05-05-2010, 01:16 AM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Do you have a basement?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

No, just a closet.

It turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. It barely even rained. Everything went off to the north of me.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i'm glad that twister avoided your area! i am so ridiculously tired of all this wind.
        we're getting "strong wind gusts up to 50 mph with chance of tornadoes" in my area. the weather guy said to vacate all trailer homes.
        oi.
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          No, just a closet. It turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. It barely even rained. Everything went off to the north of me.
          Yes, we got it. Two funnel clouds, one to the east, one south. The sirens were going off, though we had no warning first. Sky was yellow-gray. I was at work and we all ended up waiting it out in the men's dept. Edited to add: We finally did get a warning after the sirens, which is why we moved to the strong part of the store. That means customers, too, and no shopping allowed. So after it was over, some lady put in a comment card. Who wants to bet it was a complaint?
          Last edited by Food Lady; 05-05-2010, 01:37 PM.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I would just like to say that tornado season has been rather quiet in Kansas. (So, I think we can stop with the, "I bet it's just like Wizard of Oz! Hyuck hyuck" right? Right?)
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I was hoping you were OK. I was listiening to the raido stations's emergancy blare when they mentioned your area SPECIFICALLY as being in the path of a nasty storm and a potential tornado threat. Heck the sirens went off in my area about a half hour before with nice dark dark green skys.

The storm must have gone between us. most we got a lot of rain (YEAH more deliveries with good "storm" tips)

Nice light show in the sky though.
              Last edited by Racket_Man; 05-05-2010, 04:31 PM.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Lizziebeff told me after she picked me up from work that the sirens went off.

Yay.

Every third customer that came to the deli asked me if I knew there was a tornado watch/warning/time out. Yep, knew that already. How come you need sliced ham right this second?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wish my area had sirens for tornados. I do like that Uverse puts a message on the TV when there's a severe weather warning, though.

I hate tornados. There are few things I am completely terrified of, and they are one of them.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    Lizziebeff told me after she picked me up from work that the sirens went off.

Yay.

Every third customer that came to the deli asked me if I knew there was a tornado watch/warning/time out. Yep, knew that already. How come you need sliced ham right this second?
                    To go along with the bread, water, milk and toilet paper of course ...
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

WKRP ftw

Comment

Yeah so, we haven't had any storms even halfway worthy of sirens or warnings since two summers ago.

Every time they say it's going to storm, it doesn't, or it may lightly thunder or flash for about 5 minutes. I am not a fan of tornadoes and crazy wind, but it would be nice to know that this part of Wisconsin isn't turning into the next Alberta Canada or Siberia.

One storm a couple of weeks ago lasted a whole few minutes and it was somewhat potent, but nothing to scare anyone.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I seldom get scared of storms/tornados anymore (go through a couple while at work and having a professional storm chaser* tell you he thought about asking to hide out), but I was scared the other night.

I'm still thankful that the electricity stayed on so I could watch The Weather Channel...which had better coverage then the local stations.

*I mean professional in that he was employed by a MKE news station to chase storms. I'm sure he got nice footage of me and my coworker racing for the bathroom with 2 radios, and having to come out every couple of seconds so we could tell customers that we were, in fact, closed. Really.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Someday, I want to go on one of those storm-chaser vacation things.
                            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              To go along with the bread, water, milk and toilet paper of course ...

Actually, that's for snow.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X