X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Question for those in medical field

Hi guys,

As some of you probably already know, I'm a huge Deadliest Catch fan & more specifically a Cornelia Marie fan...As some might remember, we lost Phil Harris earlier this year to a brain anyeursm (sp?) after a stroke...I do know that the camera guy, Todd Stanley was there filming during the whole ordeal & I'm guessing that Josh & Jake chose for the footage to air (although we don't know that for sure yet) soo.. My question to you all is, what exactly should we expect to see? Maybe this sounds weird, but I DO want to see what all happened, as a form of closure for me if you will, but I don't want to see Phil in pain any longer than I have to..I guess what I'm asking is, did it at least happen quickly, as in here one minute, gone the next or what? I'm scared

Thanks guys
    Kris
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Depends on how fast the anuerysm bled. It could have been a slow trickle or a big pop (not that you'd see either blood wise).

It can be a fast one..like standing/sitting there and then they appear to pass out and are just gone. Or it could start as blurry vision, loss of balance/coordination kind of thing, change in behavior, confusion etc and go down hill from there.

But like i said, you shouldnt be seeing blood...unless he fell over and bonked his head as he went down.

When does this air? They were my favorite ship and he was my favorite captain.

Comment

This reminds me of my Mother's favorite poem:

Walt Whitman (1819–1892). Leaves of Grass. 1900.

193. O Captain! My Captain!

O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
      The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won;
      The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
      While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
      But O heart! heart! heart!
      O the bleeding drops of red,
      Where on the deck my Captain lies,
      Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
      Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
      For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
      For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
      Here Captain! dear father!
      This arm beneath your head;
      It is some dream that on the deck,
      You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
      My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
      The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
      From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;
      Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
      But I, with mournful tread,
      Walk the deck my Captain lies,
      Fallen cold and dead.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        When does this air? They were my favorite ship and he was my favorite captain.
        From how the season is going.. I would have to say within the next few episodes

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
          From how the season is going.. I would have to say within the next few episodes
          Ive stopped watching it and only catch reruns usually. Ill see if i can catch that ep the first time it airs. Its not the same without him.

Comment

yep, Sandman hit it on the head, they said episode 13 was where it started...Spoilers ahead so don't read further if you don't want to know

*SPOILER ALERT*

From what I read, The CM was at the dock in St. Paul unloading when Steve Ward, Phil's engineer found Phil laying on the floor of his stateroom paralysed (sp?) & called for Phil's elder son, Josh who in turn called 911...Phil was then taken to the same clinic there in St. Paul that had treated him 2 yrs prior when he had the first bloodclot..They later evac'd Phil out to Anchorage with Jake (youngest son) & the boat's co-owner Cornelia Marie Devlin in tow...12 hr surgery followed & Phil was put into a medically induced coma (which they didn't think he would ever awake from but he did)

*End Spoiler Alert*

Now, what out of all that we'll actually see still remains to be seen...But Phil wanted it filmed, so I know he would want it shown too

And Amina516, yeah it sounded like it was just a sudden thing...Phil had been doing physical therapy that very day & just happened to mention to a buddy of his that was there that he didn't feel well...We've got 9 more episodes before all this airs
            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I know they at least had audio, as I've heard snippets in some of the opening parts of the season. I'm not sure how much I want to see of him actually being down. I have read reports that he was filmed after he got to the hospital & seemed to be on the road to recovery.

I had the pleasure of meeting both Capt. Phil & Josh last summer. Awesome, friendly guy. He will be missed.
              Attached Files
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
              X