X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accidental almost castration

So...I am the luckyest man alive, I think

I was mowing the lawn today and something happened that scared me a little bit. We own a flymo. Americans; you may not know what those are, I know they are banned certainly for domestic ownership in some, if not all states. This is mainly because America thinks they are dangerous.

The way a flymo works is similar to a hovercraft (Where it takes it's design from) The blades underneath spin like a propeller on a plane, cutting the grass and creating enough of a cushion of air under the skirt that the mower floats above the ground. They are light and easy to manuver once they are airborne so they are ideal for small gardens, old people, and lazy bums like me. Plus, because they don't have the rotating cutting blades of death that others do, they are a LOT safer.

One thing I have learned from experience is it's a good idea to just take a quick walk across the lawn and move anything that could get in the way. If there's cat shit there, the mower will pick it up and fling it everywhere. Ever heard the phrase "The shit hit the fan"? ...Yeah. You also need to make sure there are no stones around because they have a nasty tendency to pick rocks up and throw them. Usually at the operator, windows or passing cars. Never at the fucking wall where it won't do any harm.

Anyway, I was happily mowing away at our front garden, looking like a lunatic to our neighbours because I had my iPod in my ears and was singing along to it (The glee cast version of Don't Stop believin' if you are interested) Next thing I hear is a small bump, then an almighty bang from the lawn mower and I feel fresh air around my junk.

My first thought is "Shit, it's thrown a rotor blade at me and I just can't feel the pain yet" I put my hand at my crotch, I can feet a small hole in both my jeans and underwear, missing the end of my dick by about 1/4 an inch but I can't feel any blood. Upon closer examination behind my car I find I'm fine, not leaking any fluids. Thankfully.

I go back to the mower and turn it upside down and find the blades are intact but there's 2 small holes about 5mm across in the casing of the lawnmower and the mower won't start because through the casing I can see bare copper from the wiring. Great, but now I have to look and find out what caused the bang. I didn't have to look very far. I turned backtowards the house to unplug the mower and caught somthing in the corner of my eye. I bent down, picked it up and found it to be what was left of an Allen key. It was pretty chewed up and had been chopped in half but it was still identifiable.

What stumped me is no one can identify who it belongs to. My neighbour had another neighbour around doing some plumbing work for her. I asked Mick and was told he didn't have any Allen keys on him today. I asked the other neighbour, mark, who tends to repair cars right close to where I had been cutting the grass when I was nearly castrated and he doesn't use Allen keys, they are too slippery. I showed it to my dad and he pointed out that all his allen keys are black

Ownership of the allen key be damned...I'm just glad to still have a dick.
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

I'm glad you're alright... but I still laughed at the way you told this story. It was a laugh of relief... yeah, that's it.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Glad you're still intact.

Seriously, though, this sounds like something I would read on Cracked. Every consider writing for them? Like, maybe "The 5 Household Items Most Likely to Castrate You."
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
        t I still laughed at the way you told this story.
        Haha, laugh of relief or not, thats how I tell stories When stuff like that happens to me, I like to talk about it in such a way that it makes it funny for other people...even though when I went behind my car to pull my trousers down, My heart was running a little fast ;D

Quoth incognitocook View Post
        "The 5 Household Items Most Likely to Castrate You."
        Can I include "Girlfriends" and "Cats" in there?

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
          Can I include "Girlfriends" and "Cats" in there?
          Totally.
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

I read this story aloud to my friends, one of them looked down his pants and said "I prize you."
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Well, I am a Yank, and after reading your story, I have to concede that I, too, think they are dangerous.

Flying cat shit and metal projectiles launched at your twig and berries...yeah. I'm glad we don't have those things over here, I have enough trouble getting whipped (and I do mean whipped) by my mulcher every time I use it.

Glad your unit is okay.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  I read this story aloud to my friends, one of them looked down his pants and said "I prize you."
                  LOL! I think I empathise with him there

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Well, I am a Yank, and after reading your story, I have to concede that I, too, think they are dangerous.
                  lol They are fine so long as you are careful which I, clearly was not.

They are a hell of a lot safer if you mow the cable too....as I found out once. Thank god for double insulation and a circuit breaker

Comment

Ooh do it yourself Prince Albert
                    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
                    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

That, I imagine would be quite painful o.O

Comment

I had a close call myself once, when I broke my jaw in a bicycle crash when I was 16. As if that wasn't painful enough--and I have never been through anything more physically painful in my life--when I untangled myself from my bicycle, I found that one of the handlebars had gone straight through my shorts, leaving a nice ole hole in my shots and a bruise...right at the top of my inner left thigh. An inch or so to the right, and I'd be singing soprano.

So when I say I know how happy you are, I say it from experience!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

jeeeez o.o; you were WAY luckier that me

Comment

I had to go do a GIS for that mower. I was totally picturing a riding mower, which sounded like so much fun.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

lol. a ride-on flymo would be fucking AWESOME but I expect it would be difficult to steer.

GIS turns up this http://www.mylawnmowers.co.uk/_image...-300.jpgTN.jpg thats what ours looks like. the grey box at the back is where it collects the grass it's just cut. Saves a lot of rakeing.

The bit that nearly nutted me flew out through that box, the other bit flew out the front part, where the motor is housed which is why the mowers knackered.

I took it apart this morning and found that not only is the wireing severed but the motor took some damage too. Thats a trip to B&Q for a new mower.

Comment

Working...
                              X