Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luna is getting so big... (WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY!!!!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luna is getting so big... (WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY!!!!!!)

We took a bunch of pictures of the little bratty puppy tonight. She's getting big!!

We noticed that with most of the bits her ears are forward or out - not back. This is a sign of a lot of confidence, no reservation.

Luna says "hello!"

Of course, she loves her toy(s).

Just waiting to get her toy again...

Learning to fly...

Dug from Up says "squirrel!", Luna says "cat!!".

Luna says "look at me!"

And we have liftoff!

I also bet none of you knew the headless horseman also had a vlcak?
    Last edited by draggar; 05-09-2010, 02:24 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Awww...she's a cutie! She looks happy.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You beat me to my request for pictures! She is sooo cute! She is going to be a beautiful girl when she grows up. I like her face.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

When we first got her she looked like a gray shepherd but now she's stating to look very wolfy. Her head is getting longe (as opposed to a shepherd's short snout), her feet are staying large..

We did have a very big scare tonight. After we got cleaned up from the jailbrake, she got medicated (dewormer) and I started to play with her. She made a BIG jump.

After the big jump she started to act strange - looking for fur to eat (sometimes wolves will do this in the wild to help pass something that might be stuck in their stomach). We were trying to figure it out when her belly started to get big. We both got into a panic thinking it might have been bloat but she want to drink some water - which is a god sign especially since she didn't throw it back up after she drank it.

I gave her some cheese (we found out she REALLY likes cheese ) and she was still acting weird. After a few minutes she let out the LARGEST burp I've ever heard come out of a dog. This is an extremely good sign - no bloat / no contortion (since with contortion the gasses will be stuck inside the contorsed area). She slowly started to act normal again. Thank god (these pictures were taken after this incident).

She's fine now (well, sleeping). We guess she just got a big buildup of gas (and it can hurt them like it hurts us) and when she burped she let it all out.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I have a question about the tail; is it normal to be curled in like that?

My brother's 1/8 wolf dog, Laszlo, has his tail curled down like that all the time when it's not wagging. I'm just not used to seeing that in happy dogs.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

EEEEEEEEE!!! Happy puppy!
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I so want to play with your puppy! I adore animals! My children would love nothing more than to get a dog, but I would be the one taking care of it and I can't move the way I use to and it wouldn't be fair to the dog. Plus, there is a huge pet fee here.

My neighbor has two dogs, who are left alone all day in his townhouse. My opinion and it's only my opinion is that is not fair to his animals.

Anyway, I so want to pet your puppy!
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Oh she is gorgeous!
                "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Carmen (my precious puppy) has a slightly inward curled tail too. I assumed it was from years (she's 3) of tucking it under herself in fear.

(remember, she's a rescue puppy that was neglected and my stupid friends who took her in decided they couldn't train her back to being normal, then promply go out and get a puppy. Foo on them; she's my dog now!)
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    My neighbor has two dogs, who are left alone all day in his townhouse. My opinion and it's only my opinion is that is not fair to his animals.
                    This is why I did not want to give Pablo back to Ex, especially after he started having siezures. He would have been alone all day. Luckily I got Ex to agree to leave him with my parents until he at least found a place closer to work (which wouldn't have been much better, but Ex is lazy and it bought me time). (Pablo died before that happened. In a way that was a good thing because he move to Florida and he still owes me money and there would have been a fight.)
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      I have a question about the tail; is it normal to be curled in like that?
                      Usually yes, because it's often determines the position in the pack. When you see it in a happy dog like luna, it just means she's not the alpha.

Mind you, these picture were taken after the mess she made was cleaned up, so she might think she's in trouble too.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        Usually yes, because it's often determines the position in the pack. When you see it in a happy dog like luna, it just means she's not the alpha.
                        Yep - it's more like reservation (in a submissive way) as opposed to fear.

Mind you, these picture were taken after the mess she made was cleaned up, so she might think she's in trouble too. [/QUOTE]

She forgets about that in a few minutes.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                        X