This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions that'll BLOW YER MIND...

Actually just one question, as brought to us by Law and Order...

So, Law and Order just finished up. It was an episode about a guy who kidnapped couples, strapped them to chairs and them would put a gun in one of their hands while giving them 25 seconds to make a choice. Either kill your loved one or be killed yourself when the 25 secs are up.

I forget the number of couples, but in every "experiment" (except one) the person that had been handed the gun, pulled the trigger to save their own skin.

So I ask my hubs what he would do. His answer? "Id kill you so you wouldn't have to live with the guilt of feeling responsible for my death." How very convenient for him. Lol.

I honestly cant say what I'd do and lets hope I never have to find out.

I can honestly say I wouldn't pull the trigger.

IF, that is, it was a loved one.

I would find it very entertaining if the kidnapper confused my EX-girlfriend for someone I actually gave two shits about.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I guess I'd just be dead!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Easy for me: I'd try to shoot the captor.

But if it was set up in such a way that my only choice was to either kill a helpless captive or be killed by some deranged fxcknut, I'd be a dead Andara.

After all, if you pull the trigger, you're committing an act of violence, and you can't even be sure that it will result in you surviving. And if you don't pull the trigger you aren't guaranteed that you'll actually end up dead, either. The only thing you have any control over is whether or not you kill someone, and I would choose not to.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Plus, If I chose to kill my loved one, I would have to live with that horror.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Yeah, no shooting the captor. Arm was strapped to the chair and the gun firmly attached to the shooters hand and only able to be pointed straight ahead to the other person.

Stuff really makes ya think sometimes.

Jester...LMAO...if only you would be so lucky. ;p

Comment

CSI had a deranged couple doing that a few years ago. They'd strap the guy to a chair and make him kill his wife claiming it would save him, then they'd kill him too.

Comment

Working...
              X