This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot, Meet Kettle...

It's been a while...time for a Sheriff story!

Anyone who isn't aware, Sheriff is your typical annoying neighbor who stops you anytime he sees you outside, even looks to find you outside, and is always on everyone's nerves.

Anyway, I was out for a smoke today and so was one of my downstairs neighbors. Sheriff immediately ran after him.

I had just gotten back from the gym, so I missed it, but apparently the Jehovah's Witnesses were around again trying to recruit or get money.

Sheriff was going on and on and on about how he wants to complain to the landlords about them (please, do, but it really won't help, everyone ignores the signs here).

I quote him "They are just the most annoying people. Once you give them any attention, they will never stop coming over or bothering you!"

Yeah....does that remind you of yourself at all? Of course not, because he's a little too special and self absorbed to get that, but I just found it hilarious. He is exactly like that, just not after money or anything, he annoys the hell out of everyone and never goes away as long as you give him attention, yet he bitches about people doing it to him.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    I quote him "They are just the most annoying people. Once you give them any attention, they will never stop coming over or bothering you!"
    Oh, man. I've read plenty of your Sheriff stories. It just cracked me up that he said that.

My in-laws have a lady neighbor like Sheriff. She listens at her door for them, then comes out and plants herself in their doorway when they are trying to come or go and just talks and talks and talks.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I might have known one or two people like that, but I don't tend to stay polite with them very long. I think, after the first time, the politeness fuse is measured in milliseconds.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
      X