Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer is...(waxing poetic about something pathetic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer is...(waxing poetic about something pathetic)

This has just been a miserable week in the weather department. Rainy and damp and cold. But if it means a night like tonight at the end, I'll take it.

It got up to about 65 today and is now 57. The sunset this evening was amazing. I just got back from a trip to the Grocery Store of Awesome. The Grocery Store of Awesome is located near the local dirt track, and the races are tonight. The PA announcer's enthusiastic inflections greeted me as I stepped out of my car, and so did the old, familiar Eau De Night At The Races. That old, familiar twang of barbecue, popcorn and racing exhaust. Years removed from Saturday nights at the track with my dad, I'd still recognize that scent anyplace.

As I left the store with my groceries, my nostrils were greeted by the intense scent from the flowers and hanging baskets displayed near the entrance, and when I got home I could still smell different kinds of flowers pretty strongly.

Hopefully, this means the cold is finally over, but I know better than to expect that out of a Wisconsin springtime.

Now, if anybody needs me, I'll be outside sniffing the air like a crazy person before it turns 40 degrees and rainy again.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Summer's almost here. Here, we've already had a few BBQ's and if the weather improves, I hope to hit the pool soon.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      Summer's almost here. Here, we've already had a few BBQ's and if the weather improves, I hope to hit the pool soon.
      If it could just stop raining.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        same here as I have BBQ'ed every weekend for almost 2 months now.

Now if I can stop having to rush my potted roses into the garage every other day becasue the temps want to fall into the lower 30's and it is raining I will be fine.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Ours here has been flip-flopping back and forth a bit. It's either mid/upper80's/close to 90 during the day and in the 60's at night or we've had highs in the 60's and lows down to around 40.

And it seems our mini-drought is ending somewhat. Last night we had thunderstorms one right after the other from 10 pm onward until sometime in the wee hours. We've already had one shower this morning and another 25 drops fall just a short time ago.

But that looks like it's changing again. The sun is wanting to go in again and we've got a nasty looking cloud making up outside. And we're expecting storms tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night.

At least we got the windows out in the kitchen and cleaned them inside and out earlier this afternoon. Hopefully after this wet weather passes and it warms back up, we can get all the windows turned down and get the AC on.

Either way, I practically live on the front porch when I'm home.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
            Summer's almost here.
            wha? I am here

yes one of my 6 names(first name, 3 middle names, and two last names) is "summer" in another language
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Things are certainly looking up here.

Two Fridays ago, it was effing snowing and barely 40 degrees. This past Friday, it was in the low 60s and Saturday was 70s, and the trend will continue to get warmer, thank heavens.

Mother Nature still owes us a summer because of what she screwed us out of last year.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

its either hot or cold here. where is the real spring

and why must the weather suck on my days off, all the time. this is getting pretty old...and fast

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Things are certainly looking up here.

Two Fridays ago, it was effing snowing and barely 40 degrees. This past Friday, it was in the low 60s and Saturday was 70s, and the trend will continue to get warmer, thank heavens.

Mother Nature still owes us a summer because of what she screwed us out of last year.
                  On that I agree Blas. last summer sucked. no 90 degree days to speak of. no high humdity. no nasty storms. NO FRACKING BUSINESS for the pizza place.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

yesterday it was 80 here. sunny, dry, awesome. today it's raining, cloudy, and around 57ish.
                    ...i'm just glad i mowed yesterday. freakin' idaho weather *gumble*
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X