This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil weight gain

I hate my body sometimes, lord do I hate it.

I lost about 30 lbs during the pregnancy due to some complications. I enjoyed wearing my own pre-preg jeans until month 8. I was even able to put them back on right after I got home!

But something hit, post partum depression, and with that, a treatment. Am taking this new drug for over a month now, and one of the side effects of it is weight gain. It's noted in the top 10% of side effects. But, stupid me, I go and tell the doc, hey, I'll handle this!

Right.

I"m now having to buy jeans that are 2 sizes bigger than what I started with. ALL of the fat I lost is back, and bigger. It's all right around my middle and legs, dammit.

We might be changing treatment plans and drugs to stop this problem, but damage has been done. It sucks buffalo balls IMO.

Oh, and ppd/ppmd? One of the "symptoms" of it is carb craving. The sugar highs. Chocolate. Having a bag of cookies just to get that sugar high, while taking the drug to stave off the PPMD = fat ass. I cannot win!

I need calorie free cookies.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Do you like ice cream? There's this brand called Skinny Cow that is DELICIOUS and low cal. It's what I use for my sugar fixes.

Comment

If you don’t mind the prying what meds did you go on and do they seem to be working? Obviously that particular drug isn’t agreeing with you but I’m wondering if you should be trying something similar or going for something different as there are a plethora of anti-depressants out there.

As for the whole craving sugar thing: I’ve been there and it sucks. I started tricking my mind with really dark chocolates (like 75% dark) and fruit so I was getting some sugar but my body kind of thought that it was getting a lot more so I still kind of got a placebo high.

Comment

I upped my current Effexor, and started Remeron. Remeron's the evil one, but it has done a good job on my moods.

We might change over to Lamictal.

Cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

The MOTH©*and one of my older sisters has used Effexor. Both have gained weight because of it.

*He's still on it (bipolar). I don't know about my sister, though.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X