This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use colored contacts?

I was wondering if anyone here had any expirience with colored contacts? I'm trying to figure out if maybe what I'm dealing with is actually typical rather than me having a crappy set. These are bigger around than normal contacts are. You know when someone is wearing clear contacts and you can sort of see the clearish ring around the iris? Double that amount and that's how big the colored contacts are. Half of that is colored parts and half isn't. My eyes are naturally brown on the inner half and a little green on the outter half. Most of the brown seems to still be showing when I'm wearing them so instead of making my eyes all green, they just make the green on the outside noticable enough that most people wouldn't see the brown unless they really looked. I can see it though and it bugs me a little. While I kind of like the effect, and enjoy wearing them sometimes, it's not what I was going for and so I'm trying to figure out if what I had been wanting is possible even. I know that the inner part of the eye is going to change size based on light conditions and such but it would have to be pitch black for the inner part to be big enough to get to the point where the color starts and even then I have my doubts. I could have sworn that I had seen colored contacts on people that covered more of their eye color if not all.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

I've never used them, however I do know that I've been quite surprised by someone's eye colour, only to later discover that it was tinted contacts.

Comment

Maybe by making the pupil part bigger theyre avoiding the issue with having the colored part slipping over your pupil and imparing your vision?

I had colored contacts before (blue...lol.) and I know those bastards would slip and slide all over the place and often obscured my vision.

Thats the only thing I can think of.

Hopefully someone will be along soon that can help ya.

I was looking into some colored contacts soon, so Ill keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

I think you got the wrong size contacts. Big Brother (his title) wears them (Blue pair and red pair to cover his brown eyes when he's feeling particularly "Aryan").

You might want to talk to an eye-doctor (can't recall what they're called) and talk to them about a different kind of lens.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I looked into colored contacts a few years ago, and I know that people with dark colored eyes have problems using them, since the effect isn't going to be very apparent. Since my eyes are brown, I decided to not spend the money on colored contacts if they weren't going to work very well.

There's a special kind of colored contact that you can get if you have dark colored eyes, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of them.
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            I think you got the wrong size contacts.

You might want to talk to an eye-doctor (can't recall what they're called) and talk to them about a different kind of lens.
            I agree, I wore colored contacts for a while, and while there was a noticeable ring around my pupil it wasn't as big as what you are describing. However, no matter what colored contacts you get there will always be a ring of your inner eye color that is not covered, for the pupils dilation (as you pointed out), and trust me, even if that ring of color bugs you.... it will bug you much more if you are trying to look out THROUGH the colored part of the contact ((I had that happen to me.... pissed me off))
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Maybe by making the pupil part bigger theyre avoiding the issue with having the colored part slipping over your pupil and imparing your vision?
              Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              I agree, I wore colored contacts for a while, and while there was a noticeable ring around my pupil it wasn't as big as what you are describing. However, no matter what colored contacts you get there will always be a ring of your inner eye color that is not covered, for the pupils dilation (as you pointed out), and trust me, even if that ring of color bugs you.... it will bug you much more if you are trying to look out THROUGH the colored part of the contact ((I had that happen to me.... pissed me off))
              Yeah but this ring is much bigger than is needed for that.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              Yeah, I just need to look around for a good one. The one I had been seeing is the one that gave me these and he told me that those were the only sizes and that that was what I got. He was kind of a dick about how he talked to me about it too.

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
              There's a special kind of colored contact that you can get if you have dark colored eyes, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of them.
              I think there are a lot more options for darker colored eyes these days. I have sort of darker eyes and the contacts make my eyes look very green where they actually cover.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

For what it's worth, you're a pretty girl and don't need color contact. Brown eyes with a green ring? awesome That said, yes, different brands fit differently. Your dispensing optician doesn't sound like he likes to help people. I think another office can get your prescription.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Unless you have the money to get contacts like Paris Hilton has (which are custom made just for her eyes), you'll always have issues with colored contacts.

Colored contacts suck. They are usually larger than regular contacts, if they are made for darker eyes, they can be extremely thick and can dry the hell out of your eyes. They hurt like hell if you sleep in them. They either end up sticking to your eyes so bad you nearly tear your eye out to get them out, or they slide all over your eye every time you blink.

I found Freshlook brand contacts to be the most comfortable, but they are still a pain in the eye. They are the only brand that are the same size in diameter as my regular contacts, but they are still quite thick and uncomfortable otherwise.

I quit wasting the time and money and just sucked up having darker colored eyes. That way I can continue to baffle ignorant people who ask "How can you be a natural blonde if you have brown eyes?"
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    For what it's worth, you're a pretty girl and don't need color contact. Brown eyes with a green ring? awesome That said, yes, different brands fit differently. Your dispensing optician doesn't sound like he likes to help people. I think another office can get your prescription.
                    Thanks It's not as much me trying to enhance anything as me just liking having the option. While I like my natural eye color, sometimes it's fun to have them more green. Eventually depending on how things go, I may look at getting a couple of other colors as well. I can't dye my hair for work but I can change my eye color whenever I want Luckily I'm not doing prescription contacts since I like my glasses so it makes it cheaper to get a variety.

Quoth blas View Post
                    I found Freshlook brand contacts to be the most comfortable, but they are still a pain in the eye. They are the only brand that are the same size in diameter as my regular contacts, but they are still quite thick and uncomfortable otherwise.
                    I think those are the ones that I'm using right now. I don't have huge problems with them except for the fact that I wish they covered more of the brown since I was going for greener eyes and that they are so huge. I end up blinking a lot and if I'm tired enough, my vision just doesn't seem as great with them in.

Comment

I used to wear them, back before lasik. They covered perfectly and didn't move much at all. But mine were hard contacts, so YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                      X