This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pathfinder, is anyone else playing?

Just wondering if anyone else had moved to pathfinder instead of 4th edition? One of my groups has ( the other still plays 3.5) and we love it. Has anybody else tried it?
    They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Oh hell yeah. My DM says it's 4th ed for people who don't like 4th ed.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Love it. We use it in conjunction with our old 3.5 supplements. My husband says, "It's where 3.5 went to die." Takes the things I actually liked about 4th edition and incorporates them smoothly into a 3.5-type format.

Comment

I <3 Pathfinder. I love that the classes have more versatility now. I was in two games, but my work schedule made me drop them *cries* I want to play more so I can try more classes.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I like it, but I also like some things in 3.5 it dropped. Still, it's become the main system I play, and I'd like to have a stable game going.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

My group is playing it right now, and we are thoroughly enjoying it. My husband's favorite change is the upgrades/changes to the paladin class. Personally I like what they did with the skills system a lot.

Comment

I like the streamlining that has occurred in a lot of the skills and feats. I also like that there is an incentive and reward to staying with one class. One of the things I don't like is the "pathfinder society" organized play. It just seems a little contrived.
              They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

We call it 3.75.

Currently reading up on it with the potential to run a game when our current game winds up.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'd never heard of it. Had to do some Googling last night to find out about it.

It looks interesting, but I never did play much of version 3.5. My current group is still using 2.0

I think that, after our vacation/anniversary is over (and at least partially paid for) I might have to pick up a copy of the main book to read over. What little I read looks good.

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    We call it 3.75.
                    We dubbed it 3.6.

We haven't started playing it yet, but we're going to once our Mage game is over. I'll be running a game set in a homebrew world, so we swapped out some of the races but kept everything else. So far, it's looking like lots of fun.

I still like 4th for different reasons, and want a chance at a proper roleplaying campaign in it (only done Living Forgotten Realms so far, which is very episodic).
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

My DM called it 3.75 when he introduced it to me as well. I think I was just happy to know there was an alternative to 4th.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Had my first game with pathfinder as opposed to 3.5 tonight. I liked it, it was a smooth transition for me. I love what they did to my class, I can actually do things now which makes me happy.

I personally hated 4 with a flaming passion. 4 was world of warcraft converted into d&d. If I wanted to play WOW I'd have an account on WOW. Get your internet games out of my dungeon crawl.
                        Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

My kids (monk, druid/rogue, bard, and sorceress) are finally fighting properly and not using their wussy magic (mostly) they got from their dad (elf wizard). I'm so proud.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                          X