This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Room Searching

Since my office moved way across town, and I'm working nearly full time, I've been looking for a place to live closer to work.

First option: Small room in a house with 2 guys, one gay. No problem with the roomies or location really. It just didn't fit, so I nixed that.

Second option: 13x10 with a 50-ish woman. We clicked really well, but the cost would be more than I wanted to spend. Still, my first choice... until she says she's moving to a house share and the room is no longer available.

Third option: cheap-ish room in an apartment in a cheapish complex. Talk about sketchy! The roomie was nice enough, but nothing to recommend it.

Fourth option: Going to see this one after work today. It's right around the corner from work, about a mile away. 2 roomies, so cheaper rent, and utilities wouldn't be as much as in other places. Reviews of the site are mediocre, but the complex looks very nice, and the roomie I've been communicating with seems nice enough. Just have to see if it's livable.

It's some kind of right of passage to have a crappy first apartment, right?
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    Probably. When I lived in NC I lived in a Summer cabin during Winter (and the heater was on the fritz but my computer gave off a metric TON of heat so I wasn't frozen).

But then I moved into the RV so I dunno. Home is where I park it.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      Honestly? It does happen a lot. Just aim for safe, run down or not. You can deal with inconveniences and you will very quickly realize what you do not want in your next place. You cannot deal with feeling unsafe in your own room. Good luck!

Comment

Wasn't able to find a room then, so I put it off for a while until I got my car. Now having the same fun ALL OVER AGAIN!

Best part is when you agree to see a room 2 or 3 days in advance, then find out they found another roommate in that time.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Yeah generally people who are looking for a new roommate need one ASAP because something unexpected came up and somebody had to leave with no notice. I'll admit that my first apartment was nice...until my roommate made it a disaster but my room and bathroom were always quite nice. We also happened to be paying a rather large amount for that place. I have not spent so much in rent in any of the three other apartments I have lived in (though one would have been more if J and I weren't sharing a room but that one was to die for, god I miss that tub, that huge closet, and most of all that kitchen).

Comment

I would like to point out that I still have a room available in my apartment. Just saying......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              I would like to point out that I still have a room available in my apartment. Just saying......
              And I would so take that in an instant if I didn't live on the other side of the country.

Comment

Details, details, details.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X