Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone watching Grey's Anatomy???!!??!?!?!??? (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone watching Grey's Anatomy???!!??!?!?!??? (Spoilers)

!!!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

My boss and I were speculating on who gets shot and he said he thought it was Derek, and I said the shooter is the guy who was suing him. So I texted him when it was revealed and said "I WAS RIGHT!!!"

My heart is kinda racing and I'm not gonna fall asleep for a while tonight, methinks...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My wife's watching it on the DVR. My first thoughts I was going "WTF"!!!!!

If he's going around systematically executing the entire staff then why in the hell is the SWAT team not storming that place!!!!!!

In other hostage situations I've heard of in real life they'll just storm the place in massive numbers with flash-grenades military-style and ambush the gunman if he's made it clear that he plans on taking everyone out and leaving no prisoners.

Second, why did it go on for so long with the cops knowing nothing???? Don't doctors and nurses carry cellphones??? Don't they have landlines in hospitals anymore????

Of course, if you believe in conspiracy theories, we could speculate that the reason the gunman was allowed by the cops to carry out his deed because he was secretly contracted out by the government to carry out this operation.

If not, I'd say if that happened in real life then the top brass of the police department needs to be shitcanned big time.

Comment

It was certainly adrenaline producing.

Some parts were a bit predictable, as I would say what was going to happen a few minutes before it did.

Still a pretty exciting episode.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I guess you need to have a "suspension of disbelief" in watching it.

How in the hell did the SWAT guy would him and then simply disappear and allow the gunman to cause more terror and havoc???

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            How in the hell did the SWAT guy would him and then simply disappear and allow the gunman to cause more terror and havoc???
            That's what I was asking! How the hell did he just get up and walk away? I mean, clearly it was too early to kill him yet, but what, did the SWAT guy only have one bullet, too?

Comment

Yeah, that part didn't make sense at all.

It would have been different if the dude was running and managed to escape the SWAT guy but it was just so casual the way he was shot. The shooter just stood there while the SWAT guy lurked in the corner with his gun pointed at him, and then it seemed as if he was allowed to walk away and just keep wandering around even though there were obviously SWAT guys all over the place.

It was a pretty big plot hole that I don't think they considered.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                If he's going around systematically executing the entire staff then why in the hell is the SWAT team not storming that place!!!!!!

In other hostage situations I've heard of in real life they'll just storm the place in massive numbers with flash-grenades military-style and ambush the gunman if he's made it clear that he plans on taking everyone out and leaving no prisoners.

Second, why did it go on for so long with the cops knowing nothing???? Don't doctors and nurses carry cellphones??? Don't they have landlines in hospitals anymore????

Of course, if you believe in conspiracy theories, we could speculate that the reason the gunman was allowed by the cops to carry out his deed because he was secretly contracted out by the government to carry out this operation.

If not, I'd say if that happened in real life then the top brass of the police department needs to be shitcanned big time.
                If they don't know exactly where he is, then they can't just storm in. The way they react depends on the situation (my best friend used to be S.W.A.T. so I'm getting my info from that). Most of the people who ran into him got shot and most of the people who saw him didn't know who he was. General description plus where he was a minute ago don't always help as twisty turny as some hospitals are. Not saying the whole thing was realistic or how it should have gone if it were a real life thing but some of that actually isn't all that out there. All the guy has to do is put his gun in his pocket and go to a different area or a crowded enough area and suddenly no one would even know he's the one who was shooting people. I do think that the guy disappearing after shooting him was odd though. Maybe it was a thing where he was getting lexie out of the way and the guy slipped down the hallway and the guy lost him. He wasn't super close to him so it is possible.
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

So I'm assuming he's the one who shot the guy from the car accident in the beginning..? They never cleared that up, either. If he hadn't done that he'd have had enough bullets for himself and the former chief.

In the beginning when he was wandering around asking random people where he could find the chief, I was sitting there going, "Doesn't this hospital have a reception desk? Every hospital I've ever been in has a reception (at least information) desk!"

On a side note, my boss's wife had a baby recently (he's 11 weeks yesterday; came to visit at work...the cutest thing!!! *ahem*) and he said that in the maternity ward they put ID bracelents on each arm and leg, and one of them has a little baby LoJack-type tracking device, and if you get within 10 feet or something of the door to the ward with the baby, all the exit doors will lock down. All visitors have to be buzzed in. His mother-in-law's doctor tried to visit, and he couldn't remember his wife's married name so they wouldn't let him in, even though he actually works in that hospital.

Comment

Working...
                  X