This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I pay attention at work??

Apa Sherpa (19 time Everest summiter, part of the Eco Everest team, and someone I think I'd like to share some tea with) is leaving camp 4 to summit. I follow his team on Twitter, and they are doing live updates. I do get my tweets as txts on my phone.

It's Friday, I have nothing major due, and most of my #s in. This is gonna be a loooooong day.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Several years ago, for some reason that I don't even know, I became fascinated with Mt. Everest. Amazing how quickly one can die by one false move, misstep or weather quirk. And yes, summiting is a great feat, but then you have to make it back down. The Sherpas are amazing people.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Last update....he is at the "Triangular Face," which I think is 27,000 ft.

Sherpas don't get enough credit for what they do. There are some who can summit w/o Sherpa help, but it's a small percentage.
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
        Last update....he is at the "Triangular Face," which I think is 27,000 ft.

Sherpas don't get enough credit for what they do. There are some who can summit w/o Sherpa help, but it's a small percentage.
        From what I have read, the non-Sherpas who try to "solo" up Mt. E are referred to as Douchbags. They eventually do need help and then mooch or steal it off everybody else who has been responsible and brought the right equipment. The ones who don't get the help, or are too far beyond help are still up on the mountain.

Comment

He just summited!!! His 20th time!!

(in an interview, he mentioned his favorite time was it first)

Comment

Wow! Just reading about ascents makes me frightened and exhausted. What team do you follow?
            Last edited by Exaspera; 05-22-2010, 03:51 AM. Reason: mistaken question

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
              Wow! Just reading about ascents makes me frightened and exhausted. What team do you follow?
              This year, Apa, Jordan, and Himex. Also I go on Alan Arnette's site... he is keeping up with all the teams.

It just crazy getting tweets from base camp. The team radios from the mountain, and base camp tweets to the world.

Someday, I will trek to BC

Comment

Working...
              X