This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Drinkers, it's your week!

That's right! It's American Craft Beer Week (May 17-23), and for all of you beer drinkers out there, I recommend you celebrate in style. Try a new craft beer--there are a lot of them out there. Also, get in the spirit of all by reading the Declaration of Beer Independence and pledging yourself to its goals. (I know, I know, this one is from 2009, but it was the best visual I could find, and as far as I know, the text is the same.)

Myself, I went to a beer tasting being held at my local beermonger's, and bought myself not only a four-style variety twelve pack from Magic Hat Brewery (they were the ones conducting the tasting), but also decided to not only get my semi-regular six pack of single beers to try, but went for a full on twelve pack of new and untried beers of varying styles. In essence, I bought 24 bottles of 16 different beers.

Beer me! And beer YOU as well!

First up: Old Chubb Scottish style ale from Oskar Blues Brewery in Colorado. Considering I really don't care for their Dale's Pale Ale, this should be interesting. It looks good. It smells nice. And it tastes....AWESOME. I am rather surprised, especially considering my aforementioned distaste for the only other product I've tried by these people. Beer #1: Success!
    Last edited by Jester; 05-23-2010, 12:04 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I prefer Pie day, but I think I could live with Beer week.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Oooo, I should get out the beer mats that my friend in Oregon sent me, from all of the different micro-breweries in her area
      Began work Aug as casual '08
      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
        Oooo, I should get out the beer mats that my friend in Oregon sent me, from all of the different micro-breweries in her area
        Better yet, forget the mats and get the actual beers!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Better yet, forget the mats and get the actual beers!
          See where I am from - gonna be hard for me to get one down here from a small Oregon brewery

That and I, so far, detest the taste of beer
          Began work Aug as casual '08
          Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
          Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
          Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
            See where I am from - gonna be hard for me to get one down here from a small Oregon brewery
            Few things that are worth doing are easy.

Quoth ottid View Post
            BLASPHEMY!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, now that I graduated college, I need excuses to drink on days that aren't Friday or Saturday. This'll do.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I don't believe in using excuses. And I have a very strict rule about beer.

I only drink it on days that end in "Y."

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
                  Same here. I have the occasional glass of wine, but beer just doesn't do anything for me.

*enjoys being blasphemous on a regular basis*
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                    Same here. I have the occasional glass of wine, but beer just doesn't do anything for me.

*enjoys being blasphemous on a regular basis*
                    There are so many beers out there that I'm sure there are one you will like as well. If you like wine you may go for a beer with a high alcohol content and with less hops or other bitter tasting herbs.
                    Something like this, it is sweeter than usual with a taste of blueberrys :

It will probably be impossible to get in US, but if you look around you may find something similar, AFAIK there is a Belgian beer brewed on cherries which is exported to USA.

Comment

Working...
                    X