Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the next size or two of diapers. They grow out of the smallest ones too fast... I think my son stayed in the #2 huggies brand for the longest time before he rapidly grew again. And teething biscuits, orajel, baby shampoo/lotion, Simethicone (Gas-Ex), videos are all great ideas. There are CD's that you can get personalized with the baby's name in the songs. That's pretty cool.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

When my nephew was born, someone gave my sister a wreath made of diapers and other various small baby things. I know you said the kid has plenty of clothing, but what about booties/socks/baby shoes?
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Google diaper wreath or diaper cake for interesting ways to present diapers if you are so inclined. Knowing friends with small children, they're just happy to have more diapers.

Get something for mom & dad too. I've found that gift certificates for massages are extra appreciated by mom.

Comment

When we had Lil'Zel, my MIL came by with a whole lot of home-knitted bibs. That came in handy, since Lil'Zel tended to 1) spit-up a lot of formula and later on 2) drool a lot because of teething.

So I'd highly recommend bibs - not necessarily home-knitted, but I guess many baby stores sell personalized bibs.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Do they have a favorite band? Look for them on Rockabye Baby. My friend had the U2 one on her baby registry. I got it for her from B&N; I know you're in Canada but I would imagine Amazon would carry them, too.

I always give books at baby showers. Sandra Boynton board books: But Not the Hippotamus and Hippos Go Berserk. Gave them to a friend with a really soft stuffed hippo. (I've given the books by themselves to several people.)

Quoth r2cagle View Post
            There are CD's that you can get personalized with the baby's name in the songs. That's pretty cool.
            My brother had some books like that. He came first so he got all that neat stuff. My baby book had about 5 pages filled in and that was it.

Quoth 24601 View Post
            I've been telling people I appreciate the clothes and such, but no more hats.
            Send them to Gravekeeper's customers?
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X