Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here believe in Meditation & Auras, etc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here believe in Meditation & Auras, etc?

I was wondering if anyone here believes in serious Meditation, and Auras, and the base personal simplistic forms of Magick. Not necessarily all that ritualistic stuff; just the very simple personal internal mental cleansings that many of us tend to do anyway every time we take a calming breath and imagine ourselves not punching an SC in the face.

A recent turning point in my life led me down the road to discovering Meditation and the wonders that it works on one's life. It's one of those things that, if you do it right, you can easily gain the opportunity to say "Well if it didn't work, I wouldn't be doing it, smartarse." Right? I mean, who wastes their time looking all flashy, sitting there crosslegged on some woven mat, just taking a nap? :P People are weirded out by what they don't understand. I used to not see how Meditation works, but then I tried it, got good at it, and hot damn, is there ever something to it. You just have to let it into yourself. Trying it, feeling nothing, and saying "This is Stupid, I'm going back on XBox Live." obviously isn't going to do anything productive.

So yeah, like, my half hour breaks at work used to not do that much good. I'd lose most of my adrenaline during them, so I'd start to crash, and be a bit less useful when I came back to the floor. It's why I always take my breaks near the end of my day, rather than in the middle. Now that I'm meditating on my breaks, I come back a completely new person. It's like I was never tired in the first place. (Most likely because I'm a completely new person. ._o' ) I would find the tallest place outside the building, climb up on it, (Two pallets of bags of dirt. The usual.) and sit there crosslegged for the entire duration of the break, wearing my sunglasses to avoid meeting anyone's gaze.

I have a guide that I can PM anyone who wishes to learn how to meditate. Otherwise, it's a bit too large to fit in this post.

Having gotten more in touch with ... um ... well, ... myself, I guess, for the momentary lack of a better word, it was likely that addition of the spiritual world that enabled me to see The guy in this second story. for the awesome person that he was. I could practically see the air around him sparkling or something. Glowing. Definitely nothing I've seen much of before.
    I wonder if he was Jesus.

So. Who here meditates?
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

i dont meditate, but i should haha. im usually better after break because ive gotten food in me, but something to relax me could be useful. i eat within 10 minutes of my 30 min break, and spend about 20 looking at magazines, or just sit there...bored.

Comment

I used to do that too. I'd sit in the breakroom, try to relax my muscles, but it never really worked all that well. I would only worry about all the other stuff I had to do when I got back down. Or, someone would call me downstairs because they don't know what key blank to use, and I'd have to help them out. I hate leaving coworkers in the lurch. :-/

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
        I used to do that too. I'd sit in the breakroom, try to relax my muscles, but it never really worked all that well. I would only worry about all the other stuff I had to do when I got back down. Or, someone would call me downstairs because they don't know what key blank to use, and I'd have to help them out. I hate leaving coworkers in the lurch. :-/
        i actually sit in the office. the break room in all the way in the back upstairs. its creepy, drafty, and bees get in. no thanks haha

Comment

Would love a copy of the meditation guide, I've always wanted to learn, and have found a number of guides, but nothing has worked well for me yet.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I took a stress management class at community college and we did a whole lot of different meditations. It was amazing! We got those dots you stick on your body that tell your temperature and by the end of the class we could control our body temperature just by meditating. I also learned that 1 hour of meditation is the equivalent of 6-8 hours of sleep. I have some tapes I need to get a tape player so I can use them or upgrade to dvd or something.
            It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

It's really a great catharsis of the brain. And you just wipe your swirling thoughts clean.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I would love to get that guide. I took a meditation class in highschool, but it's been a long time, and I'm not getting much of anywhere on my own when I try now.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I used to meditate, it was great when I was able to, but I usually have such an active mind (no, I am not saying I am smart, just....ooohhh shiny!!! wonder what the cats are doing? is the coffee maker on? where did the shiny go) and I can't shut it up.

When I hike, I can get down to just one though....one foot in front of the other, repeat, and that is pretty close.

When I did meditate, I needed music to help, and Enya's "Storms in Africa" really was great...I swear I was somewhere else when I was meditating to that
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I'm working on learning meditation, but it's in the organized religion sense. However seeing how as it was fairly closely related to me breaking my foot, I scared myself off and haven't gotten started again.

Comment

It takes some effort to really quiet one's brain down. One has to stop the thoughts and learn to listen.
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Yes, exactly. Well said.

Sent to Juwl and ArcticChicken. Enjoy it! ^_^

Remember, Meditation can be done by anyone. All you really need is to not shut yourself out of the opportunity. Believing in it is the first step. It doesn't even matter if it ends up as a placebo effect, as long as you do believe in it to allow it to do what it needs to do.

If you don't believe in it, it doesn't work.
                        If you believe in it, it does.

It's really as simple as that. It's no hippie crap. I used to think that it was, that "Oh that sounds simple, anyone can do it." And it didn't work, obviously.

Takes plenty of practice. Gotta know what it feels like to clear your mind. I guess, when you clear your mind, you won't really even be wondering if your mind is clear yet. It'll be clear.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                          Who here meditates?
                          *Raises hand*

I do. Probably differently than the book suggests, though. I try to find meditation in just about everything.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Meditation isn't something you believe or do not believe in, its scientifically proven. -.-

Auras are a different beast.

I know I should do it more, or rather deeper. But my mind is hard to shut up too. I learned how to do it when I was maybe 6 or 7ish. Mom took me to classes with her. Probably planting the seed that has prevented me from bludgeoning anyone with a chair over the course of my shift.

Comment

I'd be curious to see that guide. I will admit, I am coming at this from the point of view of a skeptic, but willing to be convinced and I would like to start with a practical guide.

Considering I've never really successfully cleared my mind, I would really like to be able to. I might fall asleep better at night.
                              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X