Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here believe in Meditation & Auras, etc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation isn't something you believe or do not believe in, its scientifically proven. -.-
    Well, yeah, of course. If I didn't believe in, say, the sky, I could still scientifically prove that it's there. Case closed.

Auras are quite the different beast. If I didn't know so many people who were using them to some degree with all the same descriptions and feelings between them verbatim, (Though that could just be from common expectations and the snowball effect.) Eh, I'd rather try it for myself before I shut anything down. I will happily admit to be a large skeptic, but that's why I'm trying everything as best as I can. I don't want to disprove; I want to prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That is my goal.

Probably planting the seed that has prevented me from bludgeoning anyone with a chair over the course of my shift.
    That's what I thought would have been my case as well, but it turns out that I just don't want to hurt anyone for their own ignorance. I let darwinism take care of the lost causes, and end up turning people around when they can be 'saved' as it were.

Considering I've never really successfully cleared my mind, I would really like to be able to. I might fall asleep better at night.
    Ah, to be honest, when I'm able to do that, it mostly comes from the mindset, "... Aww, to hell with it, I don't want to fall asleep with this on my mind." *.. nudge .. nudge .. * "There, gone." By force. Then I start meditating. It's so weird. XD I'll send you the article.
    Last edited by ShadowTiger; 05-26-2010, 01:01 AM.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I meditate from time to time. My technique I start off simply by counting seconds in my head. One-onethousand, twotwothousand, etc. By the time I've counted up to 2-3 minutes, I stop counting and just concentrate on not thinking about anything.

On those few occasions I take time to meditate before exercise, I've noticed a small but definite improvement in my performance.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I meditate and pray while doing housework or gardening. The only way I've found to quiet my inner dialogue is to have gainful physical movement while thinking about just one thing. Eventually my mind either goes blank or I work out any problems that have been troubling me. When I come back to myself, I'm relaxed AND the house is tidy again.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
          I meditate and pray while doing housework or gardening. The only way I've found to quiet my inner dialogue is to have gainful physical movement while thinking about just one thing. Eventually my mind either goes blank or I work out any problems that have been troubling me. When I come back to myself, I'm relaxed AND the house is tidy again.

Exactly what I do when I hike
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I meditate to lower my blood pressure, and control my heartbeat when it starts racing. I learned it way back in a psych class in college, we learned 5 or 6 different relaxation techniques that are commonly used in the practice of psychology. The biofeedback was a blast, but controlled breathing and full body relaxation works best for me right now. There is an interesting program that is available that generates tones that can modify brainwaves for various purposes.

As to auras, this will sound stupid, but I am actually a reiki practitioner that does not believe in energy work. I believe it is placebo effect kicking in, but am willing to accept that placebo effect is a valuable treatment tool. Go figure.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
            X