This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Effing Creep..

This had me seething with rage yesterday.

Some people may think that my stories of being hit on are silly and "Well gee I'd give anything to get hit on once in a while..." well, you can have these perverts and freaks and creepers.

I got home from the gym yesterday (mind you, covered in sweat and wearing track pants and a wife beater, hair in a ponytail about to come loose) and while I waited for the computer to get going, I went outside to get the mail, since I'm really lazy about getting my mail and tend to wait a week or more at a time. I'm sure the mailman hates me.

Anyway, I get to my little box and a van pulls up to the mailboxes. I don't think anything of it until I hear "Hey hot stuff!"

I look up with an automatic angry scowl on my face. Just the way this guy looked had "creeper" stamped across his forehead. I huffed a "Hello" back to the freak, hoping he'd get the hint right away that I was not interested and to get the hell away from me.

That wasn't enough. "What would I have to do to get you to go on a date with me?"

I scowled harder and nearly started cursing at him, but thank the lord he got the hint and started driving away.

While it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, I stayed in that general area and walked slowly on the sidewalk instead of back to my apartment until he got to the stop sign and I was sure he was leaving. I didn't want him to see which building I went into. I sure hope he didn't double back or watch behind him.

Can a girl even get her effing mail without being hassled by some loser?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I'd have been pissed too. There's no reason for that, and it's creepy. Does your box have your apartment number on it? Please be safe for at least the next week or so. I had red flags going off in my head not even halfway through reading your post. Sorry you have to deal with that crap.

Comment

I think the numbers are only on the side of the boxes that I was facing, he was facing the side that the mailman puts the mail in....not sure if those are numbered or how their system works. At least it doesn't have my name on the outside.

Edit to add: I always keep my door locked, even if I am just sitting right inside and am awake. My neighbor told me how once he came home from work and went down in the basement area to do some laundry, came upstairs and one of his relatives had just let himself into his apartment. Granted, that's nowhere near as dangerous as a stranger, but still creepy nonetheless. He said after that, he made sure to never ever leave that door unlocked, even if he's sitting right in the kitchen.

I really need to ask my landlord to put a peephole in here.
      Last edited by blas; 05-25-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Blas, don't worry. No one is going to tell you that you should appreciate jackasses thinking you look like an easy target. May I suggest not responding to people who clearly can't be intending to address an intelligent being? (My husband would get ticked, he correctly feels that it's escalating the situation, but after years of being bullied I just refuse to acknowledge bullies).

Comment

Next time, don't even respond or acknowledge their existence. Works great for me...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            "What would I have to do to get you to go on a date with me?"
            I double-dog dare ya to point and laugh next time.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              I double-dog dare ya to point and laugh next time.
              That's what my Dad told me to do if I ever saw a flasher.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                "Be male. You've failed the physical."

Rapscallion

Comment

"Get a nicer personality, better looks and a decent car."
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that guy that reincarnation couldn't have fixed.
                    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Die! [/Worf]

I scowled harder and nearly started cursing at him, but thank the lord he got the hint and started driving away.
                      At least he didn't get it into the half-deflated basketball he calls his head, that your death-glare was a "come-hither" look.

While it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, I stayed in that general area and walked slowly on the sidewalk instead of back to my apartment until he got to the stop sign and I was sure he was leaving. I didn't want him to see which building I went into. I sure hope he didn't double back or watch behind him.
                      On the contrary, that was a smart move.
                      Keep being smart, I hear guys find that hawt
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Smart? I'm not smart by any means, that was just common sense.

I shouldn't have said anything at work....now nearly all of my female coworkers are worried about me, even some of the guys. While it's most likely that this was an isolated random incident, the paranoid part of me is scared that he's driven past before and seen me outside, seen me getting the mail, or seen me standing outside my apartment smoking.....or if he hasn't before, he will. I don't want to be paranoid, I just can't help it. You never know with people.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          Smart? I'm not smart by any means, that was just common sense.
                          I assure you, the term "common sense" is a massive oxymoron. Most people are, most if not all the time, completely oblivious to their surroundings. If you're not smart, then nobody is.

I shouldn't have said anything at work....now nearly all of my female coworkers are worried about me, even some of the guys.
                          Given what you've said of your coworkers, I'm actually surprised they didn't try to make you out to be a beyotch for not being flattered by the creep's attention.
                          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

No, they were on my side about that, these aren't the former coworkers who used to verbally bash me with "I bet most of these guys are very nice and good for you, but you're just a snobby bitch who won't give them a chance because they aren't good enough looking or whatever for you" but then turn around and bash girls for going after guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X