• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to the doc

for 2 reasons

1) i havent had a physical in forever
    2) i havent felt the same for about 2 yrs, but esp the last year

based on blood tests i've had in the past 6 months, and the physical exam, she said theres nothing physically wrong with me

she suggested taking a small dose of lexapro. she didnt say i was depressed, but it was a very mild form. she said it should boost my energy, make me feel better, and uh..regualte my bowels. since i guess i described IBS symptoms lol

sooooo has anyone taken lexapro?

she also wrote a rx for some face cream to help clear up my damn face :P

I'm on Lexapro. I take 30 mg. (1 1/2 pills).

I like it.

It does make you gain a little weight though so if you're worried about that, just watch what you're eating.

I also take Deplin (it's a vitamin that enhances the Lexapro).

Lexapro makes me sleepy so I take it at night before I go to bed.

I take it for depression, anxiety, and OCD.

Sometimes, no matter what I do have anxiety (and panic attacks), but those are few and far between and my OCD behaviors have gone down. My depression is kept at bay (unless Mr. Rum & I are arguing, then it's bad).

But otherwise I like it.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
      I'm on Lexapro. I take 30 mg. (1 1/2 pills).

I like it.

It does make you gain a little weight though so if you're worried about that, just watch what you're eating.

I also take Deplin (it's a vitamin that enhances the Lexapro).

Lexapro makes me sleepy so I take it at night before I go to bed.

I take it for depression, anxiety, and OCD.

Sometimes, no matter what I do have anxiety (and panic attacks), but those are few and far between and my OCD behaviors have gone down. My depression is kept at bay (unless Mr. Rum & I are arguing, then it's bad).

But otherwise I like it.

the doc wants me to take only a half a tablet for 4 weeks and see her again. i forget the term she used to describe my "condition" it began with a D, i forget.

she did ask if i was always this thin. sorta...i did tell her i lost weight a few years ago. so gaining a few pounds would probably still have me at underweight :P

they said i was 67 inches! haha i thought i was 66. yes i was that excited

Comment

I'm sorta on it (5mg or half tablet)...supposed to be for my 'don't give a crap' attitude. Makes me sleepy as well, so I'm taking it at night... I still don't give a crap, but now I can blame it on the medicine.
        Make a list of important things to do today.
        At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
        Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I was on it for a while and it never made me sleepy (I took it with my morning vitamins) or gain any weight but I know some people react differently. It worked alright and it kicked in pretty quickly (I started to see a difference in about 2 days instead of the usual week or 2 for a SSRI) but part of the equation was clearly missing so I switched to a SNRI and that worked pretty well.

By the way, r2cagle if Lexapro isn't doing much of anything and you have a "don't give a crap" attitude then you should try an NRI like Strattera since norepinephrine seems to have a stronger tie with drive and motivation than serotonin.

Comment

Thanks Solumina, I'll bring it up to my doctor at my next appointment. Not that I really care or give a crap....
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Dysthimia (sp?) maybe?

I have a script for Lexapro in my bag. I never filled it. I was on Effexor for 6 years, and off it for about 6 months or so when she gave me the Lexapro script, but I wasn't ready to go back on meds. It's now been almost a year (next month) since I went off the Effexor. I think I like it better that way.

Personally, I would consider talking to a counselor or psychiatrist before going on meds, especially since you haven't actually been diagnosed with depression. Or at least get a clearer picture of what she actually is diagnosing and why she thinks meds are the best course. They're easy to start and they can be helpful for people who really need them (and I do think they helped me at the time; I also think I stayed on them for too long), but they can also be hard to get off. Make sure you really need them before going down that road.

Make sure you're eating right and getting enough exercise and sleep.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Dysthimia (sp?) maybe?

this, thats what it sounded like

Comment

Working...
                X