This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LOST series finale *Big huge spoilers*

Did anyone else see this yet? Oh man . . . I cried like a baby. This was easily the best episode they've ever done, IMO, although of course we needed the previous six years of buildup to make it this important. I love how it was ultimately about the characters and their personal journeys.

I loved that in the end, Ben turned out to be a decent guy.

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that Jack . . . OMG Jack died. Well, they all died, but . . . JACK DIED! He's always been at the forefront of the show, he's always been there. And he laid down and closed his eyes and died. I lost it when Vincent showed up and laid down beside him

A lot of people were ticked off about the heavily religious sort of ending, but I thought it was really beautiful. Thanks for six great years, LOST. I'm gonna miss you.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Much easier to follow
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

*sigh* Guess I'm the only geek around this popsicle stand, lol.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I watched it and was a bit tearful as well. Still not sure what I thought about it. It was a good ending but I don't know if I liked it or not iykwim? Think I'll have to watch it again before I decide.
        "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Yay, now it is over, can someone please spoil the whole series for me?

I tried watching, I really did. I got the first second and third seasons from a friend of mine who actually DVRd and transferred to disc.

I sat down and shoved in the first disc. I watched the first episode. It was pretty good. So I watched the next, and it was interesting. I watched about 6 spisodes and promptly got freaking lost.

What was the invisible thing stomping around. What was the hole in the ground. Why did the gimp end up out of his chair and walking again?

What the fuck?! Why did it seem like there were 4 or 5 teams of writers, all working on different series mashed with several seasons of survivor and why didn't the fans smack them all with mackerals for being idiots and nothing making sense?
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I got 'lost' from the first episode... so I'd like a synopsis too.
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

They never explained the greatest mystery. How could Hugo be on that island for 6 years and not lose any weight?
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The title "Lost" wasn't referring to the people at all. They were always dead.

"Lost" referrs to their souls. They were on the island as a place to find themselves and get over their lives / prepared to "move on".

The island wasn't purgatory but the "flash-sideways" was.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

You aren't the only geek at the water cooler, I just avoided this thread till I'd seen the ending. Which I just did a night or two ago.

I really liked it! I thought it was awesome.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    The title "Lost" wasn't referring to the people at all. They were always dead.

"Lost" referrs to their souls. They were on the island as a place to find themselves and get over their lives / prepared to "move on".

The island wasn't purgatory but the "flash-sideways" was.
                    Ah, so they cheated. At least I didn't waste my time on the stupid show.

But what was the invisible stompy monster?
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                    X