X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit my job today

So yeah.

They screwed me over once to often. I tried to call in sick this morning because I could barely move across the room after two days of hell shifts and the evil overlord that is the ADM decided that I should come in anyway and work on checkouts (even though I'm not trained at all). I just snapped and wrote my letter and rang the personnel manager when she got in who didn't even sound surprised when I told her.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

I can sympathize. I feel like the service industry chews you up physically and spits you out. I'm in pain after every full shift. The repetetive motion is killer. One of the reasons I want to go back to school.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I think it was only a matter of time (based on your previous posts), but it's still annoying and infuriating that you have to do it while you're in physical pain. Best of luck to you, and feel better soon.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I don't blame you at all for quitting your job, LL. The service industry sure can put you through the ringer in so many ways.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Can you go through the union (if you're in one) or a lawyer for constructive dismissal? You'd need to have documented this out of your arse, including copies of correspondance where you asked for specific leniency with regard to physical limitations etc, but if you have that then their arses are most of the way to being toast.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Can you go through the union (if you're in one) or a lawyer for constructive dismissal? You'd need to have documented this out of your arse, including copies of correspondance where you asked for specific leniency with regard to physical limitations etc, but if you have that then their arses are most of the way to being toast.

Rapscallion
            I'm going to be dealing with some of the issues that cropped up when I visit my friend who has been a store manager and still has contacts in the industry.
            As soon as I start thinking
            That I'm sensible and sane
            The Random Hedgehog comes along
            And fiddles with my Brain
            (from card I got)

Comment

Would suggest making sure you have as much written down as possible right now - dates, times, shift lengths etc. You'll have some posts on here that could help.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
              X