This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Privacy?

OK so I know alot of people now have strong opinions about privacy on facebook ( or the possible lack there of) Since I've pretty much ignored the whole debate until now, I actually don't really know why people are so up in arms about it

Could anyone link me to some, impartial, articles that could explain it to me in detail?

PLEASE NOTE: I'm just looking for information in order to form an opinion. Any discussion about privacy laws and whatnot should likely go to Fratching, where I 'll probably start a discussion once I form an educated opinion

Thanks

I just never post anything I wouldn't want the whole world to see. Problem solved. But then, that has nothing to do with FB; I live my whole life like that. I carefully consider how I post here, to.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

IF you don't want the whole world to see your private information on Facebook or anywhere else on the internet then don't put it there! What's so hard about that to understand?
      Last edited by Bright_Star; 05-26-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Here is a link from the New York Times that details how to see what your privacy settings are and how to change them. Once you see how many things can be shared and how widely they can be shared, you might get a better idea of why some people are angry.

Don't forget (like me!) that groups are marked as public are, well, public.

Comment

Working...
        X