This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts?

I have two domains coming up for renewal in the next few months and I'm on the fence if I should renew them or not.

I got them with the intentions of putting up a "fan" site with forums (related) but never got around to it. Yes, I'd love to get the sites up and running but I am afraid it would just go the way of many other projects - started and then left.

The domains are forgottenrealms(dot)info and spelljammer(dot)net (I do like the spelljammer one).

I could have forums up with them for people to have online games but as it is right now neither has any traffic (maybe 10-15 visitors a month).

Thoughts? Renew them or just drop them? I'm not worried about TM issues since I don't plan to have any ads on them and at least Spelljammer has been abandoned by WotC (I could even host the PC game since it's considered "abandonware").
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

http://www.estibot.com/

Domain Details:
    Domain: forgottenrealms.info
    SLD: forgottenrealms
    Keywords:
    forgotten realms
    Language:
    English
    Appraisal Overview:
    EstiBot Value: $ 260 USD [ currency ]

Domain Details:
    Domain: spelljammer.net
    SLD: spelljammer
    Keywords:
    spelljammer
    Appraisal Overview:
    EstiBot Value: $ 230 USD [ currency ]

Warning: This tool may be deliberately overestimating the value of your domains to try and get a commission on your selling/auctioning them through your system.

Also, a high appraisal usually means a good clickthrough rate for ads on the pages, so putting up forums with a Google AdSense banner might be profitable.

Comment

Estibot appraisals are worth far less than what you paid for them.

Besides, I'm not interested in selling them (I have much better domains for that). I'm pretty sure I'm going to get rid of the Forgotten realms one, I'm not crazy about .info domains but spelljammer.net? That has potential.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

spelljammer is missed by a lot of people, I'm sure that a site with a lot of good info and conversion data could generate a lot of traffic with us nostalgic gamers.

I'd love to see some info on spelljamming in 3.5 and pathfinder. I'd even volunteer to help convert or generate new material.
        Last edited by pssorens; 05-28-2010, 07:36 AM. Reason: forgot a point.
        They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Working...
        X