This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
    more of my paranoia...if i were to have side effects from this, would i have experienced them already?
    If you were going to have a severe allergic reaction, you would have had it already.

Other side effects can take time to develop. If you're going to have them, you will probably have them by the time the drug is effective (2 weeks, it seems). Weight gain takes longer (no 10 lb gain in 2 weeks!).

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
      more of my paranoia...if i were to have side effects from this, would i have experienced them already?
      Depends on the side effects. Things like dizziness, nausea, etc. would happen within the first several doses and generally go away once your body adjusts to the medication (I had fairly severe dizziness with Effexor from when I woke up the next morning, after taking the first pill at dinner time; it gradually got better over the next week and then went away). Weight gain would take at least a few weeks to be noticeable. An actual allergic reaction would happen with the first dose or two.

I don't know about Lexapro, especially with such a low dose, but if you miss a dose, you may experience side effects, as well. If I missed a dose of Effexor, I usually felt dizzy and nauseous (and cranky!) by about early afternoon the next day. When I took my next dose (which I usually waited as long as I could stand it, unless I had to drive, so I wouldn't screw up my schedule too much) the effects would clear up within a few hours.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-29-2010, 06:22 PM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X