Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great start to my morning and another reason i love my job.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great start to my morning and another reason i love my job.

Wish Report: Israel’s wish with Aerosmith
    Israel’s wish of seeing Aerosmith’s concert live will forever stay in his heart and in the hearts of all 25,000 attendees that day. While waiting backstage for the concert to begin, Israel was handed his ticket to the concert and told that his wish of watching them live would be coming true. As time passed, Make-A-Wish volunteer and Aerosmith’s production, told Israel they’d give him a tour of the dressing rooms before the band arrived at the venue. When he got there, a huge door opened, never did he expect that the band would be standing there waiting to greet him with open arms. Israel’s eyes said it all; he looked at each member of the band trying to take it all in and couldn’t stop thanking them for doing this for him. Steven Tyler kneeled down next to him for several minutes and told him how important it was for him to stay brave. They had an incredible bonding moment, where they all signed his CD of Aerosmith’s greatest hits, gave him guitar picks and Joey Kramer’s drumsticks. Steven had another surprise for him after that, he told Israel that he’d be watching the show on the stage, and that they’d give him special headphones so that he could hear everything Steven was singing. Finalizing the meet and greet, Israel mentioned that his favorite song was “Cryin’,” something the band remembered for a greater surprise to come.
    Israel was taken on the stage and watched the show with a perfect view of the band and the public. He sang to all the songs the band played and couldn’t stop smiling at them. When the song “Cryin’” came on, Steven walked straight up to Israel and pulled his wheelchair out to the stage, where both of them sang the entire song together. Israel and Steven were on all the big screens during the entire song as the 25,000 people in the public cheered him on. After the song ended, Steven placed his harmonica in Israel’s hands, gave him a huge hug and kissed both his cheeks, telling him he sang “beautifully”. At the end of the concert, and after the band said their goodbyes to the crowd, Steven faced Israel from center stage, and saying his last goodbye to him, he put his hands to his heart and bowed at him. All 25,000 people at the concert shared the power of a wish that night together with Israel and Aerosmith, making it an incredible wish come true!
    Update: All newspapers and news reports this morning mentioning Aerosmith’s concert last night talked about Israel’s duet with Steven Tyler, unanimously agreeing it was the best moment of the night!
    Attached Files
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

LOVE Aerosmith. And I got a little teary eyed at this. So adorable.

*Wanders off to find her Aerosmith playlist*

Comment

Wow. What a wonderful thing to hear about!

Steven Tyler is sooooooo cuuuuuute!!!

(Actually I'm amazed that he and Joe are still alive!)
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Okay this made me tear up and gave me goosebumps. How amazing!

Comment

This made me cry. *sniffle*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I read this to my roomie last night.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sheldon, you have the best job in the world.

*goes off to get a hanky*
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I cried reading that.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

*sniffle* That was beautiful!!

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    LOVE Aerosmith. And I got a little teary eyed at this. So adorable.

*Wanders off to find her Aerosmith playlist*
                    This, basically.

Comment

That is so awesome. I too got a little teary-eyed...wonder if there's video....I would love to see the duet!
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

This is awesome!

Sheldon...I have some questions about what you do and my daughter. Could I infringe on your inbox at some point possibly? laurel at coasters dot net.

Comment

Quoth PentUpRage View Post
                          This is awesome!

Sheldon...I have some questions about what you do and my daughter. Could I infringe on your inbox at some point possibly? laurel at coasters dot net.
                          You can PM me or e-mail me. sheldonrs at hotmail dottie com
                          Last edited by iradney; 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM. Reason: spam protection
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

This should've come with a warning made me too!

how amazin' and awesome!
                            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Sheldon, you have the most awesome job ever!
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X