This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just WOW How To Rewrite History!

This is interesting I have a copy of the Daily Mirror newspaper dated April 16th 1912, looks like they rewrote history (I'm guessing because they couldn't think the Titanic would sink so they wrote what they thought would happen before the loss of the ship was confirmed)

Various headlines on the same page

Everyone on board world's greatest liner safe after collision with iceberg
    Every last woman child man taken to safety on sister ships

wonder of wireless summons help to stricken ship

The Virginian is towing the liner back to Halifax, virtually undamaged, as a precaution.

Chairman of White Star liner states reports that Titanic had sunk "by the head" were malicious and unimportant.The Titanic cannot sink despite hitting an iceberg"

Other news in the same newspaper -

Robert Cuthbert, a labourer, slipped on an oprange peel in the street injuring his nose and causing his death
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

And this Ladies and Gentlemen is why history books are sometimes completely rewritten. It is the victors who write the books and the loosers who sometimes still know what really happened on their end. But we shall never know what actaully happened, even if we're there.

Comment

It was the result of a lot of rumors and crossed telegraph messages. Like playing that game of Telephone.

It wasn't until the Carpthia pulled into NYC, that anyone got any real news, and that took one or two days.

Interesting, because none of the third class passengers were interviewed by the press or even the Senate investigators later on. They went for the "celebrities."
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
      X