Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is doing something exciting for Memorial Day?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My laundry room is now flooded. It rained. And by rain I mean sheets of water of apocolyptic proportions.

You could have kayaked down my driveway and through my garden. I am not making this up, it flattened the concrete border of one of my stepped flower beds. This was after flatteneing the wooden border of my neighbor's backyard pathway. It looked like a waterfall pouring over a series of busted teeth.

Damn water took some of my plants right out of the ground.

I'm freaking sober now.

Comment

*starts carrying kayak to RecovingKinkoid's place*

I like kayaking. Really sucks about your plants though. Poor plantsies.

Comment

I gave my cat a bath. That was pretty exciting.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
          *starts carrying kayak to RecovingKinkoid's place*

I like kayaking. Really sucks about your plants though. Poor plantsies.
          Thanks. I am thinking they should be okay, I just recovered them and replanted them. I mean, hey, it ain't like the roots dried out.

Comment

I sold people potato salad.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Friday: Finished cleaning out grandma's apt; went to dinner after - got home, and got a call to join friends for karaoke - went!

Saturday: slept til noon, unloaded the cars of all the stuff from grandma's, took my brother to work, went to hang out at a friends place (was late thanks to my brother - he told me he had to be at work at one time, and it was another - there was also some headless chicken like running around on my part - went to by booze for what i thought was a bbq, and i'd forgotten my debit card @ home the the pocket of the jeans i wore to karaoke the night before, returned later guy was nice about it, so was i)went and picked my brother up from work (yay 3 hr parties) went home to change shirts, and went downtown to the club - met a very nice boi there, gave him a ride home (all the way on the other end of town from where i live) and got home @ 6 am .

Sunday: again slept til noon, did some house cleaning went and hung out with a friend, she says i should've gotten the phone number of the nice boi from the night before - maybe; friend and i made plans for Monday, and then I went home, and did nothing.

Monday: up @ 10 do a small project for mom, meet up w/ friend go to a pool, swim for like 2 hrs, go to a salad/soup buffet and felt awesome! go home, more stuff for mom dealing w/ grandma's crap, made dinner and then around 930 saw myself in the mirror and i'm so sunburned i look like an Oompaloompa!

its bright red, and itchy, and yes i'm putting lotion on it, and when i get home i will continue with vinegar treatments *i put it in a spray bottle*
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Friday: Left work early. Bought yarn and started new project while catching up on Grey's Anatomy. Yelled at the TV a LOT when someone told the doctors that their job was to be a patient advocate.

Saturday: Went for a hike in the rain, though it cleared up by the time we left. Saw some gators and a bright blue crawfish. Had Bad Movie Night--lots of wine and "Quarantine" which wasn't as bad as we expected.

Sunday: Watched lots of Doctor Who. Worked on new knitting project. Bought some groceries. Waited up really late for Fiance. He's normally home by 930 but didn't get home until close to midnight because Dominos sucks. Made chicken strips with Panko breading, which I will have to do again.

Monday: Watched Iron Man 2. Did laundry. Worked on new knitting project. Watched last 2 episodes of Season 4 of Doctor Who and pouted because Netflix doesn't have all the specials available for streaming. Made ribs for dinner.

Comment

Lets see

Friday: Got of early but late (Boss said we could go at 3pm but didn't get to leave until 4pm) Played WoW, went and Kara for fun. Watched too much tv

Saturday: went to the store to buy food, hubby mowed I hid in the house. Played more WoW (more BC raids) and watched too much tv

Sunday: Played WoW, watched too much tv

Monday: Played WoW, helped the hubby mow more of the lawn and went out to dinner.

I love having my laptop in the living room so I can watch TV and play WoW. My WoW playing was mostly randoms and running Strat runs for rep and that dang mount.

Mostly this weekend was sleeping and watching tv and WoW. It was very nice. I should have gotten something done. Maybe this week in the evenings. Plus it rained a lot this weekend
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I laid about with my SO, enjoying my last day with him. I'm back in KS now. I mean, it's awesome to be home, where I control the thermostat (he has roomies), with my bed, with no allergy-inducing kitties, and where the ghetto's not encroaching from every direction. But I miss my honey so much. (I'll post about the week later tonight when I'm fed and unpacked and settled.)
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I worked all weekend, but at a secondary job that I actually have a lot of fun with. Also, it's too hard to get regular work done during the holiday weekend, so when we didn't have people in, I got to sit around and read! And eat lots of junk food. And got paid for it!!

Other than that, we did a bit of yard work and not much else.
                      TANSTAAFL

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                        i'm so sunburned i look like an Oompaloompa!

its bright red, and itchy, and yes i'm putting lotion on it, and when i get home i will continue with vinegar treatments *i put it in a spray bottle*
                        My roommate got a stripe of sunburn on the back of her shoulder. Otherwise, she's pretty pale (though not as pale as me ). She was disappointed that she couldn't find her navy blue tank top yesterday so she could be red, white and blue.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X