Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news - the leasing office manager (I'll call her Kathy) called me back this morning, the guy arrived when I was home on my break in between jobs, and everything's working fine now! The only thing which I should've done differently would've been to use the option for "emergency maintenance requests" when calling the office number, but since I had a feeling that the repairman was going to have to get on the roof (and it was dark when it conked out yesterday), I figured just a regular request would do. But, "Kathy" was cool about mentioning this in the message she left, so it's all good.

Comment

I remember seeing that the Farmer's Almanac was saying that July in particular was supposed to be a major BITCH when it comes to hot weather.

I'm glad we're gonna be vacationing in Florida and we can keep the A/C and most other things in the house turned off.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        You're going to hate me....

It's FREEZING down here. And I have no heater in my bedroom.
        That's what you get for living where the seasons are all backawards and sh*t.

We have an AC in our living room, which is nice...as long as we stay in the living room.... I can put one in my room if I want, but it has to go in the sleeve in the wall; we're not allowed to put them in the window. Of course that type of unit is more expensive. Plus the extra electricity...plus I'd have to rearrange my furniture because my dresser is in front of the sleeve. So I'm making do with the windows open and the fan blowing directly on me. It's been in the upper 80s the last couple days but it's so humid that I'm sweating by the time I walk from the shower to my bedroom. The last thing I want to do is dry my hair...but I kinda have to at least dry the front if I want it to look at all decent (I do the bare minimum and put it up in a clip; I take it out to let it dry a bit in the car .)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          That's what you get for living where the seasons are all backawards and sh*t.
          Heck, I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, and I'm currently wearing flannel & a sweatshirt. We've been in the 60s (if we're lucky), and had nearly an inch of rain yesterday. Today's realitively dry, with another soaker expected tonight.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
            Heck, I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, and I'm currently wearing flannel & a sweatshirt. We've been in the 60s (if we're lucky), and had nearly an inch of rain yesterday. Today's realitively dry, with another soaker expected tonight.
            I'm in the same area as you and yeah I'm getting a little sick and tired of the rain and cold. Tuesday is supposed to be good though....
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              I'm in the same area as you and yeah I'm getting a little sick and tired of the rain and cold. Tuesday is supposed to be good though....
              I'm just looking forward to tomorrow. Going to Farmington Gardens to get plants. My planters are finally going to have life in them!!!
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
              X