This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This annoys the hell out of me

Lately I've been getting pop-up ads on some web sites I visit (never mind which ones; they're not pr0n anyway).

Supposedly, I have pop-up blockers on Firefox and through my antivirus, but they apparently are for shit since they allow these ads to pop up.

When I click the little X in the corner to close the pop-up, it pops up another window saying "Are you sure you want to exit? WAIT! You can make lots of money through my work at home scam and only stupid people would turn this down. You're not stupid, aren't you?"

No. Not stupid enough to fall for your shitwitted idea of a scam, and instead of bilking people out of their money you should be doing something productive with your life, such as losing your virginity.

The scammers sure are getting desperate these days.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Run a good spyware / malware checker - some of those sneak in and go around blockers.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

You have Ad-Block on Firefox, right? Sounds like you need to update your subscriptions.

Go HERE and click on the option to add EASYLIST and EasyPrivacy on the right. (says Add to ABP). That will cover most if not all of your pop-up problems.

Scroll down for the rickroll blocking ability and the Adult Website ones if you want. Since I never go to those or click on those links I didn't bother adding them to mine. And you're doing great!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Scroll down for the rickroll blocking ability

Why oh why would you give up Rickrolls? He's...never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.....*dances off into the sunset singing Rick Astley songs*
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I don't get many rickrolls. My friends know it's a song that I really enjoy so they stopped doing it to me.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I don't get many rickrolls. My friends know it's a song that I really enjoy so they stopped doing it to me.
            Aw, here ya go Queenie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL-hNMJvcyI
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Whoohoo!!

*kisses Geek King's cheek*

I'm happy.

Comment

Ok, that one beats my previous favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Although I think that http://xkcd.com/351/may still be better. (And yes, I'll mention http://xkcd.com/524/ so one one else needs to).

Comment

*kisses Geek King's cheek*

I'm happy.
                  <Twists toe in the dirt>

Da'aw shucks, ma'am. T'wern't nothin'.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    you should be doing something productive with your life, such as losing your virginity
                    That's sig worthy. Permission?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You know what really burns my ass, other than flames up tohere?

When you get a pop up, try to click the little X to get out of it, and it brings up ANOTHER window and you cannot get the hell out of it.

Whoever does that, please go jump in front of an oncoming semi truck.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X