X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called KFC Corporate today...

I was an SC, I won't deny it.

KFC in this town always seems to have issues. Today, I ordered a 16pc. bucket that comes with 6 biscuits and 3 large sides. First off, they didn't have extra crispy. They said it'd be 10 minutes. I had people waiting at home, so I asked for regular. Comes to $32. I get to the window and wait.

and wait

and wait.

for guess what? 10 minutes. Then, they come to the window and say they don't have enough potato wedges. Now that I'm in even more of a rush, I say to give me beans as well. And the extra crispy is STILL COOKING.

Thoroughly annoyed, I take my food. I call the manager and he says "Well, we're short-staffed." I say I understand, but it's not even a lunch or dinner rush. Essentially, I get nowhere. So I call corporate.

I go through their song and dance and they send my grievances to the DM. They'll call me if anything comes of it.

To everyone here who's in the fast food business, I'm sorry. But they did annoy me. I only hope my CS.com license doesn't get revoked.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Have those problems ALL the tiem at both KFC's around here. and I used to love KFC too. Went to one in Aussie land and it was soooo yummy.

Comment

Hey, I would have called Corporate too. DataJager and I love KFC and would go to the one just down the street from our house every chance we got (2-3 times a week). Sure, it had problems but it wasn't often enough to make us complain. Just once or twice a month.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Nurian, I bet I can guess which KFC you went to, and I had a huge wait the one time I went there. The dude at the drive in was so baked he could barely function. Ugh. I haven't tried out the one on the west edge of town, but I don't like KFC all that much. Personally, I wish we would get a Popeye's or a Chik-fil-a.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
          Nurian, I bet I can guess which KFC you went to, and I had a huge wait the one time I went there. The dude at the drive in was so baked he could barely function. Ugh. I haven't tried out the one on the west edge of town, but I don't like KFC all that much. Personally, I wish we would get a Popeye's or a Chik-fil-a.
          I love Chik-Fil-A. Too bad the closest Hardee's is on the turnpike.

Comment

I know the feeling. The one closest to where I live seems to have adopted the short bus method of employment.

How bad? One time when we ordered, we were told 20 minutes tops. Keep that in mind. A half hour goes by. No order. Okay, they're busy fair enough.

1 hour, no order. We phone and find out they're just putting it together!
            1.5 hour, no order. Phone again. IT JUST WENT OUT THE DOOR!
            2 hours, still no order. We phone again, rightly pissed off. All they would give us was 10% off the order. We were hungry so we accepted it. They said they'd phone the driver and let him know.

2.5 hours the driver FINALLY shows up. He tells us he just started work 10 minutes ago and then tried to charge us full price and wouldn't leave the food until he got the full amount. Fuck this shit. We told him to get the fuck lost (in those words exactly) and then probably said that was the problem in the first place. Phoned corporate, got a "too bad, so sad, tough break" out of them.

But wait, it gets better!

About a month later we figured we give them one last chance. Placed an order, got told of a special so we figured why not. Once again told 20 minutes tops. To our surprise, they were on time, but they only had HALF THE ORDER!! Same damn driver too. He tried to say that everything was there until we showed him the receipt that showed we got stiffed. he said he'd go back and get the rest, which he did. Phoned corporate again, not only did we get the same "tough luck" garbage as before, but they tried to threaten to add a cover charge on our next order to pay for the extra gas.

Haven't ordered KFC for delivery since, and probably won't ever again.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              I love Chik-Fil-A. Too bad the closest Hardee's is on the turnpike.
              Ugh, I know. I like that this town has so many nice local places, but sometimes I just wanna chicken sandwich. It doesn't have to come from a free-range chicken raised only on honey and clover named Fredericka. Just a cheap sandwich. I'm also amazed that there aren't more chain restaurants here. I'd really like an Olive Garden, instead of the Italian place that tries really had to be an Olive Garden. Or a Red Lobster. Yeah, I could drive to Olathe, but what's the fun in that?

Comment

The last time I went to KFC was the last time I will ever go there. It has been over 10 years now. I went in and ordered one of their family meal deals (bucket of chicken, biscuits, sides.) After waiting quite some time they hand me my order and go oh we were our of side x that you ordered so we substituted y. I'm like um no I we don't like y. Can we get z instead. Nope, they are out of it also. Ok, how about w? Sorry don't have that . Do you have v? No. What sides do you have? That's when the !$%!!% sighed loudly and pointed at the menu sign. I wanted to throw the food back at them. I was ordering off the menu you are out of everything we asked for. Instead I just asked for and got a refund and have never gone back.

Sockpuppet

Comment

Hehe, it is kind of hilarious reading all of these stories (I'm going to assume all from the USA) and then look at the business articles in NZ papers today that KFC has lifted Restaurant Brands profile in NZ (that is the company that owns the rights to trade as KFC in NZ).

I personally find their chicken to greasy, if I get anything it's a burger, and KFC is the 3rd or 4th choice for fast food, they don't do delivery here.
                  Began work Aug as casual '08
                  Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                  Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                  Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Didn't we just start a new trend with meat being the substitute for bread in that new KFC sandwich. My arteries get clogged just looking at it.

Comment

The KFC that used to be the closest to me before it closed wasn't exactly "KFC", it was more of "lets throw some random crap in and call it KFC" -- meaning, it looked like something I could get at Wally World for a whole lot cheaper. There were no problems waiting, even when it was busy and have only had to wait for more then fifteen minutes once, but the chicken wasn't exactly like the other KFC locations and not always that great. The next closest KFC location to me, now THAT'S the best and there's no complaints so far.

What I do have a complaint about, sorry to thread-jack a bit, is Hardees. I love their burgers and fries, don't get me wrong, but it can a good while to get just a single burger from there. It's not like it's busy there when I go to get something, I usually wait for a good twenty minutes for a burger and fries. I worked at a fast food place before, it doesn't take twenty minutes to make fast food unless it's a large order ( which I haven't done since I worked at fast food ten-odd years ago ).
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I love KFC. I just rarely can afford it. I'm so glad that there is one within walking distance of even me shockenly. It hurts, and I must eat there rather then risk taking it back, but hey!

Sadily though, I do get alot of fuck ups there. I remember I was running late for work, and we stopped there cause work is just down the street. I wanted to try the new grilled chicken. I asked for that, Coleslaw and Mashed Potatos, and a BBQ Snacker cause I love BBQ.

They said it be a few minutes, so we went to parking lot. I called up coworker said I might be a few minutes late, and she's fine by that as she been late to replace me a thousand times.

We wait. We wait. We wait. Twenty minutes later, I storm in. Place is empty. One or two cars in drive. I ask where my food is. They said they gave it to me already.

Uh. No.

They asked their delvery person if she walked it to me, she took a long look at me and said no.

They said fine, it be a few minutes.

I'm so hungry, and I have nothing to eat, and no money to charge at work for decent food at work.

So we wait. They run out, give it to me, and we stupidly race to work.

I got the grilled chicken, which looked disgusting, a plain snacker, BBQ Beans and a piece of cornbread, and Mashed Potatos.

Gah. Fine. I ate it anyway I was so hungry, but I ordered the coleslaw because i love the clawslaw.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

There's chik-fil-a's in my area, but only in the malls. The closest Popeye's is maybe over 20 minutes from my house. I LOVE Popeyes' Chicken and the biscuits blow KFC's outta the water! Oh man...makes me wanna drive up and get some now. *drools* As for KFC, sometimes I've had to wait a bit for their food since once in a blue moon I order their family combos but the service is good. I don't blame Nurian for lodging a complaint with corporate about that KFC's lack of service and the like at all.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

There's a mini-Chik-fil-a in the University, but it's crap, they don't have tea, and it's closed during the summer.

Comment

There's a mini-Chik-fil-a in the University, but it's crap, they don't have tea, and it's closed during the summer.
                              And Olathe is too far to drive just for a chicken sandwich

Comment

Working...
                              X