• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay for another month! hope something comes of it
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I still have to wonder if you can get Oregon Health Plan in the meantime or in conjunction with Disability.

Also yeah a call center job might be ideal for you....not a whole lot of movement there and they can provide ergonomic chairs and whatnot. And you may be able to schedule around school I really don't know.

And aren't there some free clinics around town? There has to be something.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I'm still trying to get disability, but that is getting slow and turtle pacing. They refused me twice already, but this third time seems to be working. I had a real response on that one.
        Three times is the charm number for Disability, Social Security, and something else that I've watched my Elders apply for.

I'm broke so I can't help ya and I'm literally straining to keep from jumping up and driving up there to administer some "help" by way of billy club (when did I get so violent?).
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Damn!
          I hope your disability come through for you. Oh, and the work too. I suppose your employer can get some compensation for employing someone disabled?

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
            Well, if it's any consolation, the "third time's the charm" seems to be the case when it comes to disability. My mom, and several friends have gone through this and each one has had to do the third time thing to finally get their disability.

Best of luck to you on this front. I have no advice to offer other than the above, and some crossed fingers.

Eric the Grey
            so its like the episode of sex in the city when Charlotte starts hounding the rabbi so she can convert to Judaism and the guys says "they reject you three times to make sure your serious"?

Comment

Oh man, Plaid. I'm so sorry. This is complete bullshit that they're making you go through for this. I second/third/whatever the idea of looking into call centers and similar jobs where you wouldn't have to stand, and now it sounds like you might have a time buffer to find something like that.

I wish I was closer and could actually help out more. *huuuug*

Comment

Thanks everyone. Another update. Even though all my FLMA is used up, they're putting me on extended disability leave. I got another 3 months. If I'm still not back by then, they'll work something out. (They mentioned if I send a check to cover my insurence, that be something they're willing to do).
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Oh good! You really need the time! I'm so glad you got it!
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

*happy dances* I'm so glad you got the time you needed!
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Woohoo! Glad you've got more time. By then, hopefully you can officially get on disability.

Comment

Working...
                      X