X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for recovering...

...from major abdominal surgery!

Today is day 10 of my recovery after my hysterectomy. I am -almost- up to the functionality that I had before my surgery. This is absolutely amazing to me.

Mainly... it shows me that things were getting really bad before my surgery. I'm doing things like sweeping the floor, which I wasn't able to do before because I was in too much pain. I can actually fold laundry without becoming so exhausted that I need a nap! (Well... I take one anyway because I'm still recovering from surgery... but I don't feel like I need one anymore.)

I can wash my dishes!

I can shower without having to sit on the floor! (Yeah... Let me tell ya'... -that- was when I knew I needed to do something.)

I can cook a small meal! (I'll work up to the big ones again... I'm only 10 days out of my surgery after all.)

I know that my recovery is awesome... and I won't be fully healed for another 6 months or so. So this is just the beginning!!!

No more pain. No more nagging exhaustion. No more severe blood loss every month. No more miscarriages. No more threat of cancer.

Now... I heal.
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

I'm very Jealous of ya girl!

But proud of ya too. Means we can eventally hang again sometime! I miss the kids!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I was just thinking about you yesterday! Because...

I just got the news about possibly needing that surgery as well. So, that reminded me that you had recently had this done. Which started the whole, 'Wonder how NSI is doing on her recovery.'

Glad to hear that you're up and around. And yes, take it easy. After all, doctor's orders
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
        I was just thinking about you yesterday! Because...

I just got the news about possibly needing that surgery as well. So, that reminded me that you had recently had this done. Which started the whole, 'Wonder how NSI is doing on her recovery.'

Glad to hear that you're up and around. And yes, take it easy. After all, doctor's orders
        *hugs* Good luck, hun. Look up HysterSisters for a forum with a TON of women who have gone through or are going through the same thing. Totally helpful.

Comment

Woot!

Gratz

Even though I exist in gimpitude, it is wonderful having been neutered myself ...

Take it easy, do the HRT if that is what you opted to do. Relax and heal
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling better - but don't do too much!!! I remember Mom's docs saying this was the toughest time because she would feel like doing a lot more than she should. Take it easy and let your body heal.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Yay! Glad you are doing so well!
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Good, I wondered how you did today too.

Comment

Glad to hear it, NSI.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    I'm very Jealous of ya girl!

But proud of ya too. Means we can eventally hang again sometime! I miss the kids!
                    Sweetie, even if I can't make it down there... If you can manage a trip to my neck of the woods, then you're always welcome! (We're having "camping" in my backyard just after July 4th. There will be Wenches!)

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    Woot!

Gratz

Even though I exist in gimpitude, it is wonderful having been neutered myself ...

Take it easy, do the HRT if that is what you opted to do. Relax and heal
                    Thanks tons, babe. I'm taking it really easy. Honest! Sweeping a bit is the most labor-intensive thing that I'm doing these days. And the HRT means my hot flashes are more like a slight sweat.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    I'm glad you're feeling better - but don't do too much!!! I remember Mom's docs saying this was the toughest time because she would feel like doing a lot more than she should. Take it easy and let your body heal.
                    That's the plan. I'm doing a lot of sitting/laying down... and a little bit of walking around the house. Had to walk 5 blocks the other day (to the kids' elementary school and back to pick up a sick kiddo) and don't plan on doing that again any time soon! (OW!)

Comment

Update

Fracking OW!!!

So I had to go to the ER a couple of days ago. Fever of 102 F with shooting pains in my lower abdomen... Get there and my blood pressure is -much- higher than my normal (but in the "normal" range for everyone else) and my heart rate is all over the place (arrhythmia).

Guess what caused it all. Can't guess, can you.

Apparently I popped a frelling internal stitch (or two) and all the symptoms were being caused by a combination of pain and stress.

So now I'm grounded and on pain meds again.

Heck... Got to go now. Vicodin's kicking in and I'll be a non-verbal zombie (not even a "braaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnssss" to be heard) in about 2 minutes.

... Damn it...

Comment

How are you now? Do we get an update?
                        Can they restitch or will it just have to heal up from the inside?

I hope at least you got a nice rest under the Vicodin.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          How are you now? Do we get an update?
                          Can they restitch or will it just have to heal up from the inside?

I hope at least you got a nice rest under the Vicodin.
                          I'm ok, but under medical orders to only walk to/from the bathroom. No cooking, no cleaning, no kids. Nada. Nothing until after this weekend. And even then... easy does it.

No restitching, since it's internal and not causing a bleeding issue the moment. I just have to wait for it to heal and take it really slowly for a while.

I feel like crap because now my healing will take longer. I was stupid and tried to do too much too soon... and that screwed me over. Now I get to stay in bed and rest until I'm actually fully healed.

Comment

...How are the heathens? They being polite and helpful for mommy?
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                              ...How are the heathens? They being polite and helpful for mommy?
                              HAH! I wish!

Mostly, really. They've been as good as they can be. And Angel has been a huge help. We're calling her our AIT. Adult In Training. She helped supervise a quick shower for the little ones and has made lunch (sandwiches) a few times. She made Ramen last night because she wanted to try it. (Heavily supervised by the hubby, of course.)

Surprisingly, the added responsibility (and rewards, like getting to stay up a bit later and hang out with the grownups) has actually shown an increase in her willingness to get her chores done and keep her room clean!

*sniffs* My baby girl is growing up!

Nugget has been a huge help in getting a grownup for me when I can't get their attention. She -loves- to be "mommy's voice".

Bubbie has no clue... He just knows that mommy won't pick him up and has "boo-boo's" on her tummy. (He likes to kiss them better. Sweet kiddo.)

Alicia is in a sort of 2nd in-command status. She's a little young to be doing the stuff that Angel is, or to be even nominally "in charge" of the little ones, but she helps out in her own way. I swear, this kid hasn't done her chores so well in years. Or ever. And she gets her homework done without arguing about it every day.

She's doing her best to be helpful by not throwing a fit every time she doesn't get what she wants.

While I may be whining about feeling useless and crappy... my family is pulling together to support me. I'm emotional and so very very proud of them.

I know it has to be hard on them to "fend for themselves" while I'm healing, but I'm so glad that I've done a good enough job raising them that they know how to do it. At least for a little while.

(Damned Vicodin... and hormones... hell... I'm a blubbering mess just thinking about them cleaning the house while I'm stuck in bed. I can't even make them breakfast in the mornings... )

Comment

Working...
                              X