This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
    (Damned Vicodin... and hormones... hell... I'm a blubbering mess just thinking about them cleaning the house while I'm stuck in bed. I can't even make them breakfast in the mornings... )
    Just be there, praise them, thank them and get well as fast as possible, that will be enough.

What about blood clots when you have to lie down all the time? Do you wear support stockings? I don't suppose blood thinners are good for you with holes inside you.
    I ask because I got a blood clot in the leg, they say it is partly from the chemotherapy but partly because I didn't exercise enough. I did lie down a lot, I was tired after the operation and then I got even tireder and nauseated from the chemo.

Comment

Give the little boogers a high five from me!
      It's really good of them to step up and be helpers for someone who's sick. (use this guilt line later when someone's sick and they're slacking :P )

If you want some good Top Ramen, here's how I grew up making it:
      top ramen (enough for 3 ppl)
      soy sauce
      leftover meat (like chicken from yesterday etc)
      green onions
      scrambled egg - flat like crepe style

Scramble your egg. Don't get it fluffy, get it flat like pancake. Cook, both sides, remove from pan and cut into 1/2" strips.

Start the pot of ramen. All 3 units.

While that's cooking, get your leftover chicken/beef/ham and slice that up into small pieces. Toss into pan w/ ramen.

Slice up green onions, 1/4" size.

Put big pot of ramen on table. Throw scramlbed egg strips in it. Serve up to people, have them garnish their own bowls w/ the green onions.

Great way to get rid of leftovers. Teaches time management and kitchen skills.

Another one would be grilled cheese sammiches and soup for the heathens. You though, need more iron/protein to heal well. Can someone prep up a chicken ceasar salad for you? Or with the next pot of ramen, throw in spinach leaves and wilt them?

Cottage cheese on top of spinach/broccoli salad?

Good on the kids for helping out! *virtual popsicles and cookies from me*

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        Just be there, praise them, thank them and get well as fast as possible, that will be enough.

What about blood clots when you have to lie down all the time? Do you wear support stockings? I don't suppose blood thinners are good for you with holes inside you.
        I get up and make a round of the house 3 x a day... whether I feel like it or not. I just don't go up or down the stairs. Haven't had a clot yet, and my doc says that I'm doing fairly well on keeping a balance of movement/stillness.

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
        Give the little boogers a high five from me!
        It's really good of them to step up and be helpers for someone who's sick. (use this guilt line later when someone's sick and they're slacking :P )

If you want some good Top Ramen, here's how I grew up making it:

(snippy)

Good on the kids for helping out! *virtual popsicles and cookies from me*

Cutenoob
        I can't eat Ramen. Had -way- too much of it growing up. (It was all we had to eat for three meals a day... for 2 months. *shudder*) The kiddos love it, though. I'll pass on the recipes to the hubs.

I generally don't eat much anyways, but I do eat plenty of proteins. It's not because I'm on a diet. I just don't eat much because I'm never very hungry. It seems to work for me, since I have the energy I need to get stuff done. I'm tall and skinny by nature.
        hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
        1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
        2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
        3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Working...
        X