Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XD Gah. Wish I had the money and a car. I could sneak along with you in stalker mode.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
      Hmmm... If that's the case, then it sounds like a TT or popup will be the best bet. (We have an awesome van, but no truck, so 5vers are a no go.) Gas is an issue and there's really not going to be anyone to help corral the itty bitties in an RV. *sighs* We're not planning on going full time, but a three month "trip" is the plan. We have a regular house, but this is a trip that we've been hoping to make for a long time.
      I didn't figure you would be fulltiming, which is why I didn't push getting a Bus conversion.

A TT might be the best bet for ya, though. They range anywhere from 12 foot long to over 40 feet. Ya have a van, huh? Dunno what kind of Van, but whatever you get canNOT out-weigh the van (I just did that with my car pulling my Mom's car. R-Jeep out-weighs Claudia by just over 500 pounds so she couldn't get any faster than 60MPH). For a larger TT you'll need a Duelie (The great big trucks with the double axle in the back).

I'd go no larger than 34-36'. Using a TT instead of a Motorhome will also insure that your "home" won't be stuck in the shop should your engine up and die AND you actually have more livable space in a TT than a comparable size Motorhome (on account of not having to rig an engine to the silly thing). They also tend to be looooooots cheaper.

If you do go for the Pop-up, be aware you will need help setting it up (It's a two man job under the best of circumstances but I've watched my mother do it by herself in the drizzle in just under 20 minutes while EQ and I were dead sick. She was MOTIVATED).

If you can manage to get your hands on a Hi-Lo (a cross between a TT and a Pop-up and very expensive even if it's used but wicked awesome), it's just a matter of pushing a button and VOILA~ your site's set up.

As it turns out, Kusanagi ran into my mother on the Skoolie boards (School bus conversions are different from transit bus conversions). He's apparently gone into Van-Camping (meaning he's using a van like a class B but don't ask me where the shower is).

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      XD Gah. Wish I had the money and a car. I could sneak along with you in stalker mode.
      You could offer to babysit the kiddies and maybe she'll take you with her. If you're a goody kitty, that is. You ARE litterbox trained, right?
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        I didn't figure you would be fulltiming, which is why I didn't push getting a Bus conversion.

A TT might be the best bet for ya, though. They range anywhere from 12 foot long to over 40 feet. Ya have a van, huh? Dunno what kind of Van, but whatever you get canNOT out-weigh the van (I just did that with my car pulling my Mom's car. R-Jeep out-weighs Claudia by just over 500 pounds so she couldn't get any faster than 60MPH). For a larger TT you'll need a Duelie (The great big trucks with the double axle in the back).

I'd go no larger than 34-36'. Using a TT instead of a Motorhome will also insure that your "home" won't be stuck in the shop should your engine up and die AND you actually have more livable space in a TT than a comparable size Motorhome (on account of not having to rig an engine to the silly thing). They also tend to be looooooots cheaper.
        Yep. Looks like a TT is the way to go. I'm finding quite a few that are awesome. Our van's an '05 Dodge Grand Caravan... and the middle seats fold completely into the floor. (Yay for space!) It can haul fairly well, so no worries there.
        hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
        1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
        2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
        3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Ah, a Dodge. Then you should be good to go. Be sure to do a little research on some RV forums, if only to pick up the handy tips and tricks (Hell, I've been collecting those since I got a computer hooked up to the internet. I could print a book).
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

NSI, I'm so excited for you. My mom wanted to do that when I was still in school (she's a schoolteacher by trade). Good luck! I'm sure it'll be great.
            Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 06-07-2010, 01:12 AM. Reason: clarity is awesome!
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
            X