This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar's Slumber Party

My neighbors are on vacation this week and their cockatiel, Lola, is staying at my house. The resident grumpy gus, Oscar, is quite thrilled to have the company. He keeps singing to her and trying to preen her tail feathers...and Lola ignores him.

It took some coaxing, but now they are both sitting on a play gym and interacting occasionally. Lola's much more interested in Oscar's toys than Oscar ever has been.

Teehee, they're both giving me dirty looks. I'll be updating this thread with cute birdy pics as the week goes on. Hopefully after a couple days they'll actually want to play with each other.
    Last edited by jedimaster91; 06-06-2010, 09:00 PM.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Aw that's so cute, he has a birdy crush!. I see play dates in the future.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

They've been going back and forth all afternoon. First Oscar seranading Lola and Lola ignoring him and then Lola doing wing displays and Oscar chasing her off my shoulder. I've had to move Oscar's food and water bowls to a higher spot so he can see Lola while he's eating. Brats, both of them.

Here's some pics as promised. Oscar's the grey and Lola's the yellow/white:

I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

OMG!!! They're sooooo CUTE!!!!! I <3 cockatiels! Totally take them over anything furry. I love their expression! And yes, I've seen the birdy crush thing, too, and it's adorable. They both look like birds that have been in my family, so I think Gigi and Binky! When I see them! (Which is sad, bc Gigi was my Grandma's bird, and Binky was adopted after Gigi passed.) Looking forward to the pics throughout the week!

Um, squeeeee!!!
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Well, Lola went back home today. It's been an amusing week. A little background on Oscar; he was bought as a family pet. I have my doubts that he was hand-raised or handled at all, so he was not tame when we first brought him home. At all. Mama Jedi still has a scar on her thumb caused by the little fluff ball. So I trained him with treats and effectively became his one and only. So when I got married and moved out, it was decreed I was taking "that bird" with me.

Oscar's also been an only child for almost 7 years. That combined with his *stellar* personality, I was a bit concerned about how he would react to another bird being around. He did surprisingly well this week....as long as Lola was out of striking distance. He would chase her off my shoulder or my knee if she got too close. Lola definitely seemed to warm up to him, and I think given more time, Oscar would have warmed up as well. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a friendly bird. Or a bird that would eat anything. I hope Oscar doesn't get mopey now that his roommate has gone home.

And now, pics of baf teim:

Oscar HATES baths. So I'm pretty stoked he seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

I had no idea that birds were so cute. Oscar has an adorable little face. I'd want to cuddle with him, but I'm assuming birds don't let you do that.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Some birds will, but he won't. Cuz he's grouchy like that.

Comment

Working...
              X