This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh puppy...

So, now that Mogli is comfortable around us, he's taken to chewing stuff up that he really shouldn't. Yesterday, 2 shoes, the remote to a digital picture frame, and a roll of toilet paper were among the casualties. Today, a wiimote, 2 wiimote condoms, and the map we're going to use to get us to the campsite today were among the wounded. I told the wife when we first got him he needs a crate, but she refused.

Unfortunately, it's taken the destruction of a few expensive electronics before she'd listen to me, plus yellow and brown spots all over the carpet. We've been training him, and he's getting better, but training isn't a 2 minute process. Plus, when tired he gets angry and spiteful, so after 30 minutes or so, he'll willfully ignore you just to prove that he can. Last night, he got sick of me trying to train him, refused dog treats, and would do the opposite of what I'd asked him to do - ask him to come and he glares and walks away. Ask him to sit, and he stands there and stares you down.

I got through to him by being more firm that I'm not backing down on any command, and he finally quit, but wife is still too nice, so he'll go right back to spiteful angry self when she gets ahold of him.

I think I need to train the wife first before training Mogli. :-P
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

"I think I need to train the wife first"---that sounds like dangerous ground...
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
      I think I need to train the wife first before training Mogli. :-P
      "Door-To-Door Taxidermy? I want him in front of his computer, with the mouse in his hand"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
      X