This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NOES!!!!!

I just checked the info site, and it's a small world will be closed while we're there! That's a tragedy of the utmost caliber. I am seriously depressed now.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
      OH NOES!!!!!

I just checked the info site, and it's a small world will be closed while we're there! That's a tragedy of the utmost caliber. I am seriously depressed now.
      I can sing it for you.....if you want.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Actually, I was thinking of going through there with my 15yo and singing Guitar Guy's version...

Guitar Guy It starts at about 1:35.

Without the drugs though. We don't need them, we're odd enough already.

Comment

Personally, I prefer the Passporter Guide to WDW over the Unofficial Guide. Either one is good, but I find the Passporter to be more useful. They've also got an extremely friendly and helpful community over there.

(9 visits in 14 years)
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Epcot

I recommend Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide-
            http://allears.net/index.html

The Behind the Seeds tour in The Land was interesting.
            Go to Club Cool after getting something to eat from a quick service area (minus the drink). Also, if they have Kinley- it was my favorite. I've heard you can find it in stores in the USA, but I haven't found them yet. The closest thing I can find is Vault with a little bit of honey mixed in.
            You don't have to ride the Nemo based ride to get into the Seas pavillion. Go in through the gift shop.
            Spaceship Earth is pretty much empty after noon.
            Soarin' and Mission Space Fill up the fastest. Get the fastpass and go on another ride while you wait. I like the games during the line for Soarin'. Also, if anyone in your party has allergies, Soarin' uses smell-o-vision.
            This one is from my roommate when I was in the Disney College Program. She ate at every restaurant in the parks. Also from several people I worked with while there= Don't eat at the sit-down restaurants in World Showcase. If you do, eat at the Biergarten for lunch. The food is nothing like how a native would prepare it- as told to me by someone from Morocco in regards to Restaurant Marrakesh. (I ate there- had the Couscous with Chicken {couldn't finish the chicken it was so nasty, the couscous wasn't very good either}, Marrakesh Delight {okay, not too fond of the orange blossom water, but the ice cream was wonderful}, and the Non-Alcoholic Watermelon Delight {Can I get the recipe good}.
            Miyuki is fun to watch in Japan- she makes edible art. I loved the rice candy from Japan also.
            Watch out for rabbits- I've seen them in the gardens, taking over the train area in Germany, and in a high-traffic area of Future World.

Comment

OH NOES!!!!!

Duff Beer for me,
              Duff beer for you,
              I'll have a Duff,
              You'll have one too....
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Hollywood Studios

MuppetVision 3D is pretty much the top of the list in my book. It was one of the last things Jim Henson did before he passed and the attraction opened a year after his death. I enjoy sitting up front because I love Sweetums~ he, Bean Bunny, Kermit, Robin, and Scooter were my favorite Muppets as a kid. When I remember going to Disney for the first time, all I can remember is this show.

Star Tours is another favorite- even though I hate rollercoaster-type rides. I ride in the back row- it is the most shakey. I've ridden on a full stomach and on a half-empty one. Full stomach was better.

50s Diner was nasty all around when Mom, younger cousin, and I went. Long wait, cool temp food instead of hot, and the flavor wasn't good.

Sounds Dangerous- as much as I like Drew Carey, it needs to go. The only perks are no wait (usually), seats, and air conditioning.

Indiana Jones Stunt Show- not to be missed. Just outside the theater is a sign that says Do Not Pull Rope near what looks like an abandoned well. The NOT is crossed out, so give it a tug.

Journey into Narnia is just looking at props.

The Great Movie ride is a hot spot for Hidden Mickeys (and a Minnie).

One Man's Dream is another one of my favorites. Ask a CM if they are still doing the trivia quiz- if they are and you get it right you get a certificate. The Animation studios are another area that isn't to be missed. The Animation Academy will teach you how to draw a Disney character. I leared various Stitch poses, Donald, Pluto, Mickey, and Goofy.

Beauty and the Beast- I heard Four for a Dollar, (AKA Return to Zero when outside the park), are no longer preforming the pre-show. Bummer. I love those guys. Both that and the Little Mermaid are good.

The Backlot Tour is another must-see, usually shorter wait times in the afternoon.

Lights, Motors, Action is okay if you are into that kind of thing. I thought it was boring.

I haven't tried the new Toy Story ride, The Tower of Terror (I'm still riding elavators several minutes after getting off so I don't want to ride that one), or the Rock -n- Roller Coaster.

As far as Fantasmic! goes, I didn't care for it. I had more fun talking to the people sitting around me than I did watching the show. It had some interesting elements and gave me one of my favorite pictures from my whole time there (Mickey with fireworks shooting out from his hands), but it wasn't worth the wait time.

Comment

Shhhhh!

Before I post about Animal Kingdom, I remembered a tidbit I heard.
                  Check with the company you or anyone in your household works for. Generally, if they sponsor a Disney ride or show, they have a VIP room near that attraction. Talk to a Cast Member at the information kiosk near the park entrance for more information. You'll have to show proof you work there, but I heard it is worth it.

On Tom Sawyer's Island in Magic Kingdom, look for paint brushes Tom left behind. When you find one, take it to a Cast Member for a special prize.

Look up in pretty much every park. The windows along Main St in MK, the windows in HS, and the Africa & Asia section of AK have a ton of stuff. Also, there are sounds in the African section of Animal Kingdom- a person cooking food, a baby crying and a woman singing, and a bunch of others.

Play around in Mickey, Minnie, and Donald's houses. There are some fun things there if you know what to do.

Tinkerbell 'flies' around Tinkerbell's Treasure Shop in MK. Look through the keyhole (child height) to see her.

As you enter MK after going under the train tracks, look for the building on the right near Tony's. There are some really fun things in there and it is often overlooked. Same with the machines around the train loading area near the front of MK. Have some spare change handy.

In MK, go to the candy store on Main St.- pick up the old phone on the wall to listen in on a conversation.

If you bow to the statue of Cinderella near the castle, look at her to see her wearing a crown (part of the wall behind her).

Notice the antelope like statues on the building in Adventure Land? Look at them from Frontierland and they look like bulls. Nothing changed. They are a trick.
                  Last edited by AriGriffin; 06-09-2010, 05:40 AM. Reason: Additional Tips

Comment

Wow, you guys are full of great information.

Next question, I know that Main Street has vehicles that will take you from the train station to the end, does anyone know if there are some that have front and rear facing seats? I have an 8yo who adores Cinderella, and I am just hoping to get a picture of her face when she sees Cinderella Castle for the first time. Also, does anyone know of a good spot to meet Cinderella?

Comment

MuppetVision 3D is pretty much the top of the list in my book. It was one of the last things Jim Henson did before he passed and the attraction opened a year after his death. I enjoy sitting up front because I love Sweetums~ he, Bean Bunny, Kermit, Robin, and Scooter were my favorite Muppets as a kid. When I remember going to Disney for the first time, all I can remember is this show.
                      Currently closed for rework, I'm afraid. I got in the last day before they closed it. Unfortunately, I don't have a date for its reopening.

Play around in Mickey, Minnie, and Donald's houses. There are some fun things there if you know what to do.
                      Again, may be closed, depending on the timing of the Fantasyland expansion. Check with WDW for the schedule.

Star Tours is another favorite- even though I hate rollercoaster-type rides. I ride in the back row- it is the most shakey. I've ridden on a full stomach and on a half-empty one. Full stomach was better.
                      Closes Sept. 8 for a complete overhaul. If you're there before then, cool.

I haven't tried the new Toy Story ride, The Tower of Terror (I'm still riding elavators several minutes after getting off so I don't want to ride that one), or the Rock -n- Roller Coaster.
                      Toy Story Mania: INSANE waits. FastPass tickets sell out by 10AM, so if you want to do this (and I really enjoy it, but I'm a video game freak), run over to get the passes as soon as you get to the park. Rock -n- Roller Coaster sells out fast too.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is closed and being replaced with Captain Eo (yes, the Michael Jackson movie from years ago.)
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Wow, you guys are full of great information.

Next question, I know that Main Street has vehicles that will take you from the train station to the end, does anyone know if there are some that have front and rear facing seats? I have an 8yo who adores Cinderella, and I am just hoping to get a picture of her face when she sees Cinderella Castle for the first time. Also, does anyone know of a good spot to meet Cinderella?
                        Not sure on Cinderella, other than at the restaurant or the Princess Breakfast. As for seeing the castle for the first time, she'll see it the minute she gets in to the park. It's a direct line down Main Street to the castle, and even crowded, she'll see it.
                        (Example, This pic: Main Street, USA, is taken pretty much from the entrance.)

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is closed and being replaced with Captain Eo (yes, the Michael Jackson movie from years ago.)
                          NOOOOOOOOO! I loved Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Ok, my wife, the Disney Fanatic (no, I'm not overstating that) gave me a few additions and corrections.

Muppetvision 3D: Should be reopened. She said it was a two week refurb, and we were there in April.

FastPass note: When you get your FastPass ticket, there will be two times on it - basically the "return between these two times" info. Trick is, as long as you are after the first time, the FastPass is good for the remainder of the day you get it. So if your FastPass says 1:00PM - 2:00PM, you can use it anytime after 1:00PM on the same day.

Cinderella sightings: I was reminded of 1900 Park Fare restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort. They do a Cinderella dinner that includes Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the stepmother and step-sisters. It's also usually easier to get tickets to than Cinderella's Table or the Princess Breakfast.

One more Edit:
                            1. Get the dining plan, you pay like $100-200 but your meals are taken care of and that can be $100 a day!
                            The dining plan and Extra Magic Hours are only available to guests staying at Disney Resorts, unless the resort/condo has a special arrangement (Wife and I don't know of any that do, personally.)
                            Last edited by Crossbow; 06-10-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

The last few times I went to Magic Kingdom, the horse-drawn carriages and trolleys were not opperating. It might be a seasonal thing though, I was there pretty much once a week from May until August.

Disney's Official Website doesn't say anything about Muppets 3D being closed. All I can find is that it was closed for refurbisment from late April to early May.

As far as meeting characters goes, read http://allears.net/tp/fur.htm for tips. When Festival of the Lion King was getting ready to start, there wasn't anyone in line for the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto).

Comment

Working...
                              X