This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? Bra fitting?

Does anyone know why some places tell me to measure my band size, then measure my cup size and subtract while others tell me to measure my band size, add four or five inches, then measure my cup size and subtract?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Bra extenders. Cause someone out there figured out eventually women will give up, say screw it and will need them.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Cuz they all have cranial rectal inversions?

Personally, the way I was taught about bra measures is to have someone else do it - measure around band/bottom of boobs, then measure tape over the top of the boobs. The difference in inches equals your cup size.

A 34 band with a 38 boob band is a 34 D cup. (1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc)
      I know up to the D's. I dont understand the DD DDD E F G part.

Boob luck!

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I don't know why they all have different ways, but they do. I used to go to Victoria's Secret and they said I was a 40DD, which they didn't carry too often. I finally got fed up on trying to find anything nice there in that size that I went to Lane Bryant. There they said I was a 40DDD and their bras fit sooooo much better! I now only go to Lane Bryant for my bras. The formulas never seemed to work for me. They always ended up with me in a way too small bra.

Comment

I only ever go to M&S to be measured. XD I'm an E cup, and finally, shops are stocking pretty and sexy bras for bigger sizes as opposed to the horrible boulder holders which was all there used to be. -.-
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

It doesn't matter how I'm measured. No one ever gets it right!

I've learned to take what they say, and take one size up and one size down and try them on. If they don't fit right, I try on different cup sizes. I've had employees swear up and down that I'm a 36 C... yeah, doesn't fit... but in one brand 36 C will fit, but the style is uuuuggllyy and uncomfortable.

The style I like? I have to wear a 38 DD. Measurements mean nothing unless you try them on. And Lane Bryant is the one who kept measuring me too small... but I buy from them anyway, cause they carry what I like. I just make sure I 'always' try them on before I buy them.
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              I only ever go to M&S to be measured. XD I'm an E cup, and finally, shops are stocking pretty and sexy bras for bigger sizes as opposed to the horrible boulder holders which was all there used to be. -.-
              I used to get all mine from there but lately they've been really uncomfortable. I guess I'm just a very weird fit when it comes to bras as I have to try on lots to fine one remotely comfy.. and I have different styles in different sizes!

I started getting mine from Figleaves.com. A bit pricey but unfortunately that's the price us endowed ladies have to put up with
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I have been measured @ VS, and they got it wrong, I worked @ Avenue (similar to LB) and we had a formula to follow, but it was bs, b/c it said that my large figured manager only needed an "A" and she was obviously much bustier than that...

The best place I've been measured, does 5 measurements; the band, and 2 across each breast, (one verticle - from the clavicle to the under side, and one diagonally from outside-top to inside bottom) b/c most women have one larger than the other... and you're supposed to fit for the fuller side.

http://www.petticoatfair.com/

I don't think they are a chain store, but calling them or emailing them, they may be able to refer you to a reputable store in your area. Its from them that I found out that I am a 36GG - and now I have to spend $45-$75 for my bras, and I have to get them from UK companies. *sigh*
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

36 GG

And people wonder why women opt for breast-reduct surgeries. Because these puppies get in the way of everything!
                  Make a list of important things to do today.
                  At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                  Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Bra Fitting Guide that I like.

And I'm either an 18G or 20F, depending on the exact bra. According to this size chart, that makes me US sizes 40H or 42G.

Once I've lost more of my excess adipose tissue, we're going to be looking into reduction surgery. My waist and hips and belly are getting smaller, but the 'puppies' aren't.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I know nothing about bra sizes,but if anybody needs a hand!
                      "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
                      set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                        36 GG
                        I went to an HH cup when breastfeeding my son... I think I had to spend about £50-60 on a maternity bra... this was about 16 years ago.

Then my ever so helpful & now ex hubby decided to put said new non cotton bra in a boil wash. It came out shrunken, crinkled & a rather odd yellowy colour

Quoth gaspode View Post
                        I know nothing about bra sizes,but if anybody needs a hand!

Lol actually that reminded me of when I were a teenager back in the less politically correct days when a doorman at the pub where i did bar work regularly used to leer at my boobs, make bouncing motions with his hands & announce that "you didn't get many of those to the pound"!
                        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

38DD for the most part, but I simply have to figure out how much bigger they get when I'm PMSing.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                            A 34 band with a 38 boob band is a 34 D cup. (1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc)
                            I know up to the D's. I dont understand the DD DDD E F G part.
                            Around here that's actually a 40 D. No, I don't get it. But you need to add to the band measurement.

I find that it's not the size that's the issue for me. It's the SHAPE. I believe that all of my bras that fit are the same size (the one I measure as), but there's only a few styles that fit properly. It's only two measurements, and bras are quite fitted. Of COURSE they're not going to fit most of the time. To make it worse, I believe that there is a "standard" shape, and everything is designed assuming said shape. This means that for some people anything will fit. For others, very few will fit, and that's just because they happen to work despite being designed for a different shape.

Comment

*Hides wide-girthed 38 A-B cups in push-up bra*

The most successful bra-measuring for me was to just measure the girth under the breast, and look for that. Once you find the first girth, then look for the cup size that looks like it would fit your boobs.
                              Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X