This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    She says (paraphrased): Im 60 years old and I still dont know what Im doing on a computer. I didnt know I copied your answer.
    And suddenly I find myself reading this with the above emphasis, and silently adding, "I meant to plagiarize someone else."
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Don't buy that. And I'm echoing Admin... don't respond and make sure the professor is documented on all that manure. lol

As far as bumping that up the line... how much of the grade is this online chatting supposed to be worth? If it's a major part of the overall grade, that is worth going to the department head and dean. If it's just a small percentage.. then this lady's lack of preparation and inability to do her own work is just going to boomerang on her anyway.

As long as you've got a copy of the chat, and it's obvious that your post is first, along with a copy of her response to you... I'd say, you've called her on it, and she will have to pick someone else to cheat off. Plus, you're almost done with the class.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

If she really didn't know what she was doing and she is pasting in her answers then she should damn well be reading them before they post, at the very least an "oops posted the wrong thing" should have been said after the fact. Age is no excuse for incompetency and incompetence is a bullshit excuse for this kind of crap. I'm glad that you did take this to the teacher and if this does actually account for any significant percentage of your grade then I do encourage you to take it higher if you get no response. There was nothing wrong with the initial email but don't continue to communicate with the other student.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate...if this is IRC based and she's using mIRC, *merely* highlighting will copy...no need for right clicking anything or any key combos. On that alone I could almost, ALMOST seeing someone ignorantly highlighting or even misclicking and picking up a few lines by accident.

Of course, this only applies for that specific client. I have no idea how any of the others behave, having not used anything else in over 5 years.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I dont know what IRC or mIRC means???

But anywho, teacher actually responded.... his email: Thanks for the info, *Amina*. Did *Other student* respond to your concern? Let me know asap.

Lol.Im honestly surprised he even wrote back, but at least he took it seriously.

Comment

IRC. and mIRC is a specific Windows client for using it.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
              X