Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across the site several years ago, read a bit, and moved on. Somehow I came across it again back around when I signed up. I actually signed up just to post a response to someone asking about the best way to let a store in my company know of a good exeperience she had there. But I stuck around.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I discovered this site a few years ago, lurked for a while and then ditched the internet for a bit with our moving around. I rediscovered it and finally joined up even though I'm a stay at home mum at the moment that is planning to go back to work once my youngest is old enough to enjoy kindy. This site makes me laugh on the days where nothing is going right, reminds me that things could be so much worse and makes me feel really lucky that I have the option of staying home with the kids. I've had really good advice from some of the members, and am also constantly amazed at how nice everyone on here is.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I've been on a lot of forums but this one really does have something special about it. All of the catty bullshit that is a constand on just about ever forum is completely lacking here. Sure people don't always get along but that's okay as long as everyone still treats everyone fairly and so far I have always seen that to be the case here.

Comment

I have not worked in retail for some time. Heck, I have not worked a regualr job for some time.

I don't come here for that reason anyways. I come here to hang out with you guys.

Some crazy thing happens? I can't wait to log on here and tell you guys. Because you are an awesome bunch to hang out with.

I wish I could hug you guys sometimes. And I am glad it is a place of sanctuary for Plaid. I know it is someimes that place for me.

You got a beautiful heart, Plaid. Don't ever forget it.

Comment

this thread made me realize I have been here at CS for almost exactly 9 years (both Mr. Slugger and Raps eras). I can not remember how many hacks I have been through.

even though I have only briefly met one member, I love the fact that I know I am not alone and others have the same frustrating experiences I have and still do have.

when I started here I was in the Corp office type world then moved back into retail/fast food and the dumbness followed me.

there are some former members I miss such as Meltdown

I love that I can sometimes vent my frustrations and not get smacked down or **gasp*** fired because I really want to tell some dumb SC off to their face
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd lurked on & off for a few years, then it occurred to me reading old threads that I had stories I could have added... so I took the plunge & joined
              I'm not working presently, also I spend a lot of my time alone without grown up conversation, so its good to come here and feel a part of the "conversation" as it were.

While I was with my ex, it seems that i ended up more of less friendless, since then, most of my friends are people I've met online.. and a lot of them are friends in real life too dotted about the UK, i haven't really found anyone local I have much in common with, the times I have tried, I got fed up of always being the one running about trying to make things work.

That's another reason I like CS, no pressure, everyone's friendly & no one tried to make me feel guilty for not working & having the gall to have a computer & internet while claiming benefits (even though my benefits adviser thinks internet is an essential thing for someone in my position to have), or thinking I'm weird because I don't fit into their mold of whats normal; or because I don't enjoy going off to pubs & clubs & getting blotto then going off with some random beer goggle wearing bloke who would give me the brush off in the morning! Its great that people share their problems on here & are open about their states of health.. makes me feel less alone

I'm just sorry I left it so long to sigh up
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I discovered this place back in 2000, a co worker in a training class I was in for tech support at the time told me about it. It wasn't so much a forum back then. I dropped off for a few years, then came back and actually joined up. I love the people on here and have made friends with a few of them on facebook and elsewhere. if anyone else on here wants to be friends on facebook pm me . This a great place to hang out and read during down times at work (like they happen all that often) or at home when I just want to relax.

I don't deal with customers hardly at all and have some pretty good coworkers and management for the most part so I don't have to much to contribute that way...but I still love the stories on here.

And yeah Plaidman is amazing....I'm glad you realize that people do care.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  even though I have only briefly met one member
                  That'll teach you to tell me where you work!

Speaking of which, you work tomorrow?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I know I've only started posting recently, but I've been lurking for a couple of years now, and I really love watching how this community interacts. I have made some really good friends from this board, and I can't imagine life without you all!

Comment

I like it here. It's good to know you're not alone.
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I'm with you on that one Lobo.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I proclaim, this place be awesome Everyone is welcoming, and tis a great place to come read/vent/laugh.
                          I need my daily doses or I'll go into withdrawal lol.
                          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I have been a member for a little while (I can't remember when I joined), I don't contribute very much, no real reason why, I don't have very many stories to tell as my customers are pretty decent but I have learned a great deal about how to act in public and to make myself a better customer. I also love the way the members interact, I have read other forums and there is always so much "crap" said to the posters and people who treat each other nasty and then I come here and see a huge group of people who are respectful, caring, warm and thoughtful to their fellow group members. I feel very connected to everyone here, I may not be involved a lot but I come to this site practically everyday if not several times a day just to get caught up! Everyone here is awesome!!! THREE CHEERS FOR RAPS FOR KEEPING THE SITE GOING!! YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!! A mucho kudos to all the Mods for keeping it fair and in order so that we may enjoy it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X