This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The States on History Channel

Ok, I know there are 50 states and each needs their shining moment....but only 10 mins for my beloved NH?? Hisss.....Cat doesn't like that. And to by beloved NH? The Old Man is gone, mourned, move on*

*this was intended a a jest and not to offend and NHers. If this has offended you, you may feed me to a moose.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I thought that show only did 10 minutes per state?

What did they say about NH?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yeah, if I remember correctly, AR only got about 10 minutes as well. I can't remember, but I'm sure it was, "Home to Bill Clinton, the headquarters of Walmart and Tyson, and hey, they grow rice!"
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I wonder what they'd say about Wisconsin:

"Wisconsin has a lot of cheese. Also the people there drink a lot. But you'd drink a lot too if you had so much cheese. Wisconsin is also very cold."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Seemed like they spent 15-20 mins on TX (okay, it is a big state)

They just said NH had granite, an Old Man, and use the "Live Free or Die" when debating laws. It was actually fun to watch

Missed the CT one
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

When is History Channel running these? Are they available On Demand on Comcast? And in what order are they doing the States? If they are doing it in alphabetical order, I probably missed Arizona. If they are doing it in order of admission to the Union, I haven't. (Arizona is the 48th State.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

It's a random order, best I can tell.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Yup, I think it was random....not sure when they are showing them again.

Comment

I checked History Channel's website, and the States show(s) wasn't listed. Bummer. I would love to see what they had to say about some of the States I've lived in/been to, especially Arizona (it's a dry heat!) and Florida (send us your grandparents and your crazy people).

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

They originally aired in 2007, but History occasionally shows them. Saturday they showed 40 states (8 hours) worth.

You can buy the DVD's if you're really interested, I've been trying to get them on DVD for Christmas for years. (Budget, can't spoil myself with $100 worth of documentaries).

You think 10 mins is bad? Maryland got about 6 with the remaining time dedicated to Washington, DC since it's on land "donated" by Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                    X