This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREAKIN HOT!!!!!

And Summer doesn't officially even start for another week!

Ever since May 28 it's been stifling here.

Second day in a row with a heat index of 100-105 degrees.

That pool water is starting feel more and more like bath water by the day.

Our summer weather has finally arrived. In just the first 11 days of the month, we've had the 2nd wettest June on record. Finally hit 80 yesterday. This is the first day I've been able to leave any windows open overnight without kicking on the heat.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I know what you mean...our heat index is in the 100s, with current "real" temps hovering around 94/95. Our AC *just* got fixed and we didn't have it for nearly a day. I know that isn't a long time, but I thought I was going to melt with how hot it was in the house.

It seems pretty early for these kind of temps, I think...

Comment

72 and raining...

had some hot days last week, though, in the upper 80s
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm ready to move north... it's been in the high 90's this week.... and July, August and September are always Louisiana's scorcher months. whew.. hope the a/c holds out.
          Make a list of important things to do today.
          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

The last four days have seen temps between 100-105 with the heat index. This morning around 1 am I was checking the weather station before I went to bed and it was 81 degrees. At one am. o.o
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Yeah, it was 104 today. Toasty. Yesterday it was right at a hunnert, but it really didn't feel that bad. I think the humidity was low. Today, more humid and a little hotter. Kinda felt it today. But there was wind blowing. I don't know why but I love hot wind.

Stayed inside most of the day, though. Worked up a little sweat just watering my garden stuff outside. So I thought it would probably be prudent to not do anything too heavy in this kind of heat.

Comment

Monday...................99
                Tuesday..................100
                Wednesday.............99

Come on over! The pool water is so warm it's starting to feel more and more like a hot tub.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                  Come on over! The pool water is so warm it's starting to feel more and more like a hot tub.
                  I would love that...91 here atm.

Comment

Upper 80s, low 90s every day. It sucks. I'm stuck living in a dorm room for the next 8 weeks...with NO air conditioning to speak of. Just a fan.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

It got to ~100 degrees today. It is way too soon for it to be this warm; I dread July and August, especially when I visit home in July. (At least it's not very humid here.)
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                        Upper 80s, low 90s every day. It sucks. I'm stuck living in a dorm room for the next 8 weeks...with NO air conditioning to speak of. Just a fan.
                        Ugh. At least I can hunker down in my living room with the AC if it gets too hot/humid. I could put one in my room but I don't want to spend the money (for the unit, which must go in a wall sleeve, not in the window) or the electric bill. I did just get one of those double window fans, which combined with my regular oscillating stand fan makes it a bit more bearable.

Comment

Wow.

The sun set an hour ago and my outdoor digital thermometer on by back deck still reads 84.6 degrees.

Comment

9:30 PM central US time, and it's down from 103 to a balmy 89. I have a feeling I'll have no home-grown tomatoes this Summer at this rate. Too hot at night.

BUT! At least it's a dry heat. :-p
                            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                              9:30 PM central US time, and it's down from 103 to a balmy 89. I have a feeling I'll have no home-grown tomatoes this Summer at this rate. Too hot at night.

BUT! At least it's a dry heat. :-p
                              A nice humid 84 here in Jersey...but at least I'm in my parents' air conditioned house (for one more night, at least).

Comment

Working...
                              X