Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jerseyans! What should I do this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jerseyans! What should I do this week?

I took this week off work. I don't have any real plans (except to work on cleaning my apartment and go through some boxes that are at my parents' house). Yesterday I went up to Long Island to see some friends but that was my only big thing.

I would like to do something else at least one day. I know it's short notice, and I'm house/catsitting while my parents are away, so a day trip or at the most one night. I'd also be by myself, so something that I could enjoy alone.

I'm in central New Jersey. Any ideas?

(Note: I don't like city driving and I don't want to go into NYC.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

New Jersey. In June. Two obvious things.

Go to the Jersey Shore!

Alternatively....

Go to Great Adventure!

No, I'm not a New Jerseyan, but when I had no choice in such things, I lived there for a few years. Silly parents. And while I didn't like it, I'll be the first to admit that New Jersey has some cool shit. Like, say, the Jersey Shore and Great Adventure.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Ripley's Believe It Or Not in AC?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Relaxing day in Cape May - just take the Parkway south until you can't go south anymore.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

6 flags? i went to that one once, long ago. they have that safari thingy too.

monkeys!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            New Jersey. In June. Two obvious things.

Go to the Jersey Shore!

Alternatively....

Go to Great Adventure!

No, I'm not a New Jerseyan, but when I had no choice in such things, I lived there for a few years. Silly parents. And while I didn't like it, I'll be the first to admit that New Jersey has some cool shit. Like, say, the Jersey Shore and Great Adventure.

New Jersey has lots of cool shit. I second the Jersey shore suggestion (just got back from a 3 day weekend down there).

Now, i know you said you don't want to go into the city, but, there is some cool shit in NYC too, and it would be so easy for you to just hop on a train.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              Relaxing day in Cape May - just take the Parkway south until you can't go south anymore.
              I was thinking about that, actually. That's probably the most likely possibility.

Great Adventure by myself? I don't think so. And I'm not real familiar with NYC so I don't want to be wandering around by myself there, either.

And getting to "the shore" (aka "the beach") is something I can do any day of the week. It's about 30-40 minutes to Point Pleasant. Though Cape May or Wildwood is at least about 2 hours away.

Whatever I do, it won't be until later in the week.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Great Adventure by myself? I don't think so.
                Why the hell not? One advantage to going to an amusement park solo is that you can do exactly what you want, when you want, and not have to get a bunch of people to agree to it.

Just a thought. And yes, I have done it.

And I'm not real familiar with NYC so I don't want to be wandering around by myself there, either.
                Best way to explore the City, actually. And yes, I've done that, too.

And getting to "the shore" (aka "the beach") is something I can do any day of the week. It's about 30-40 minutes to Point Pleasant. Though Cape May or Wildwood is at least about 2 hours away.
                Whine, whine, whine.

Seriously, stop whining about all the choices and go have fun!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I was going to take a ride somewhere tomorrow...maybe wander around Cape May...now I'm going to a funeral instead (my uncle's brother)

My next vacation will be the last week of September...so I'll have some time to plan something and the weather should still be decent (and maybe a little cooler which I like). And that Friday is my birthday .

But on the up side I did actually get some cleaning done in my room.
                  Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-18-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

New Hope is nice. Isn't Peddler's Village still around?

I agree with commentary above, take a train into NYC. See the Cloisters. Beautiful Medieval art. Then go to the Metropolitan Museum. Free entry if you go there the same day as you hit the Cloisters!
                    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Go pass out on the beach. It's what I'd do if I was home right now.

Hit up Monmouth Park.

Sleep.
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                        New Hope is nice. Isn't Peddler's Village still around?

I agree with commentary above, take a train into NYC. See the Cloisters. Beautiful Medieval art. Then go to the Metropolitan Museum. Free entry if you go there the same day as you hit the Cloisters!
                        Ooh, I didn't even think of New Hope. Haven't been there in years!

My roommate's 5th grade class just went to the Cloisters on their field trip last week. The bus driver apparently had wrong instructions and took them to the Met instead, so they ended up being late.

Comment

:: is in the pt pleasant area right now. 's lovely ::

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                            :: is in the pt pleasant area right now. 's lovely ::
                            Hi!

Do you live around here?

Comment

My family has a vacation home down here. I am just visiting for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X