Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bought my "purse" at the local army/navy surplus store. it's a greenish messenger bag with a red star on the flap. and i put pins all over it. i have a "support the troops" one, a "coffee is god" one, i had a set of 3 that said "i heart pb&j" on one and had bread with pb on one and j on the other, but i lost the pb one. i also have a pin that has an elf on it that says "i leave good cookies."
    on the strap i have an "i heart boobies" breast cancer bracelet, a purple "cancer sucks" bracelet, and a bracelet The Boy got in iraq for me
    in my bag i have my wallet, birth control, day planner, lotion, girly products, a baggie of cereal, my knitting project, and a granola bar.
    i also have a pencil bag in there that has a pen, pencil, hand sanitizer, a mirror, ruler, nail file, bobby pins, eyeglasses screw driver, comb, rubber finger thingy, erasure, and post-it notes.
    when i'm out and about, i clip my keys onto the strap and tuck them in. i also might toss a book in there, depending on where i'm going.

...i have a heavy bag.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
      This is my purse, but I got it in the 'Danger' colour. It's big enough to hold EVERYTHING I need +2, but small enough that I don't feel like I'm carrying my life around with me. It's also sturdy, I've been using it for about four years now and it's just starting to fall apart.
      I have the full sized messenger bag that she has, my friends told me I should come with a warning label, now I do. Mine says high voltage.

Let's see, mine has various work files, my nikon d3000 (most days at least, extreme heat or muggy weather it stays home), my zune, headphones, the neat little retro cigarette case that the zune happens to fit in. Hair clip, hair tie, bandanna and headband. Never know what I might need that day. Extra uniform shirt, what ever book or magazine I'm reading. It's good for when I have a cat who won't come out during the visit. Pocket knife and my panda thumb drive panda cuteness, small sketch book and my keys.

I think that's it..
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Let's see here, in mine I have...

Burt's Bees Lip Balm
        Excedrin (aka the headache killer)
        Advil
        Cold meds left over from last time I was sick last fall
        A nail clippers
        feminine stuff
        B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar Lotion in a mini bottle
        5ive Rain Gum
        Chapstick
        Carmex
        Misc. Papers/Receipts that I have in a separate zipper compartment because they might be important (going through them now)
        Coin purse w/quarters in it
        my keys
        Cell phone is in it when I'm out & about
        Wallet is built in & it has my bank card, my DL, insurance card, a couple of gift cards, and some misc. receipts & coupons from the grocery store. This is a fun thread! It's interesting how much stuff we can cram into our bags, isn't it?
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

People are actually amazed at what I can pull out of my Uni bag, the main reason being that it replaces my desk. Anything that I think I might need in relation to Uni work, aka what I would have on my desk, is in their, minus (at the moment) a hole punch and a stapler. And I'm not going to list what is in there, there is far to much!
          Began work Aug as casual '08
          Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
          Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
          Why do I still work there again?

Comment

In MY bag...

Wallet, keys, cell phone, MTG cards, buckyballs (spherical magnets), fortune cookie, Japan Buffet menu, pop can tabs (8), spray paint, DnD character sheet, notebook, pencils(7), eraser, pencil sharpener, chap stick, buttons, single paperclip, black sharpie, padlock, headphones, MP3 player, PSP, dice (41d6, 1d8, 3d10, 1d3, 1d20), a tobacco pipe (never smoked with it), flint, zippo, cologne, band-aides, a length of yarn, USB card reader + cable, green laser pointer and a set of weights for a logitech g9x mouse.

It's a lot of little things...
            *Ring* *Ring*
            M: *Workplace Name*, Ryan speaking.
            C: Hello Peter, is Ryan there?
            M: This is Ryan.

Comment

My purse is small. I've been meaning to get a larger one, but I haven't been able to find one that I like. Right now it has the following:

Front Zipper that Sticks Out-
              Store cards, 3 different library cards, ID, money, 2 squished pennies from the Georgia Aquarium, a medallion from the World of Coca-Cola, a ticket stub to GA A. & WoCC, a ticket stub to the Center for Puppetry Arts Museum, two fortune cookie fortunes, an address book, some reciepts, and stamps.

Small Zipper between front & main Pouch-
              Lipbalm, rubber band like thing to tye hair back, a small lucky cat statue, and one of those little floss-stick things in a holder. A button saying I <3 Animal (Muppets) that I got from the CfPAM is on the zipper pull {I wanted one that had Robin, Sweetums, Scooter, Bean, or Kermit on it but they were out}.

Main Pouch-
              Camera
              GPS devise
              Cell Phone
              Old Kermit the Frog mint tin that holds my MP3 player & headphones
              Pen
              Mechanical Pencil
              Small notebook
              Hair clip
              Small First Aid kit
              Container holding Sunglass clip-ons for my glasses
              Book- Joust by Mercedes Lackey

Comment

I have a huge black bag that can fit a myrad of things. Currently I have:

Phone
                Wallet
                Girly toiletries
                Deodorant
                4 pens
                3 lip balms
                8 emery boards (I bought a pack in the street yesterday)
                a highlighter
                keys
                toothpaste+brush
                hairbrush/mirror compact
                cloro (peruvian alergy meds)
                a small bag of instant cocoa (it's kinda cold here)
                eyeglasses case
                4 violin fine tuners
                a lollipop
                flash driver

...Methinks it's time to downsize my purse and clean it out. And put more important things in there, like a first aid kit.
                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Ok, diving in now - send reinforcements if I don't make it.....

Bottle of cran-pom juice
                  citrus chapstick
                  nivea shimmery lip stuff (still in the packaging)
                  paid half day off thing from work
                  half eaten power bar (need to pitch that)
                  hand sanitizer
                  magnetic clip
                  trashy romance novel
                  bag-o-drawing stuff (for my life drawing class)
                  assorted pens and pencils
                  hairties
                  straw wrapper
                  small book-o-wedding planning
                  feminine stuff
                  old bc pills (like really old - I've been on the ring for almost a year now)
                  'nother thing of shimmery lip stuff (how do I end up with this stuff?)
                  earrings (I was wondering where they got to)
                  hair pins
                  small thing of tissues
                  $.29 (I'm rich!!!)
                  various business cards and receipts
                  some rope
                  carabiner
                  trail mix
                  apartment finder book
                  small notepad

And people wonder why my phone, keys, wallet, and pocket knife stay in my jeans pockets..... I'd never find them if they were in my purse.

Comment

Send your hairties my way, Indigo! It seems that I have everything I don't need, and don't have anything I do need! I'm aways rummaging around for a hairtie when my hair is driving my crazy.
                    Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Well that's where the extra pens come in handy. I use them to put my hair up in a bun when its particularly irritating me because I always lose my hairties somehow.

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                        Send your hairties my way, Indigo! It seems that I have everything I don't need, and don't have anything I do need! I'm aways rummaging around for a hairtie when my hair is driving my crazy.
                        I have 3-4 in my desk at work, 3-4 in the van, a couple in the back pack, and a whole bunch at home. And I can still never find one when I really need it!
                        TANSTAAFL

Comment

Lets see what I have in my standard Marks & Spencer handbag.

3 ball of wools
                          Crochet hook (with crochet attached from one of the balls above)
                          Purse
                          Fortean Times (magazine)
                          Neuromancer by William Gibson
                          3 old bus tickets
                          a reciept
                          painkillers (for bum knee)
                          Moblie Phone
                          my dad's bills (I pay them for him)
                          Passport
                          buttons for my coat (really must sew those back on...)
                          2 pens (one biro and a Dragon*Con sharpie)
                          Appointment card for phsyio
                          Ipod

Think that's it

Usually have a couple of other things in there too like my DSi, notebook (nearly always), and assorted things.
                          As soon as I start thinking
                          That I'm sensible and sane
                          The Random Hedgehog comes along
                          And fiddles with my Brain
                          (from card I got)

Comment

Why do some of you carry your passports with you? Just curious.
                            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                              Why do some of you carry your passports with you? Just curious.
                              As a second form of ID? I'm guessing, I don't have a passport. But I have been places where I had to show two forms of ID (I have a DL and my student ID).
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

right now not much its usually more, but a book, 6 or 7 pads, wallet, cellphone, keys, and a movie ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X